Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update 2018.36.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi I am new to this group and have my model 3 RWD for about 2 month. Everything works great with phone and Tesla app until the recent update 2018.36.2 ac4a215.

I scheduled the update in midnight 2 days ago. In the morning I couldn't wake up my model 3 but Bluetooth key function still works, so I can still get in the car. When car starts, my app connects and everything is fine (Install completed without issue). However when the car is parked, it seems to be put in "deep sleep" mode and cannot be awaken by app ever since. I noticed the LTE is not connected for the first 3-5 seconds after I start the car, and then it connects to LTE just fine and my app connects again. Same situation in my garage with WiFi connect. When the car is being charged, my app works. When car is just parked, app cannot make it up.

I read a few old discussions with similar condition. I tried pushing the two control button to reboot the tablet. Still no luck after the tablet reboot. All other function is fine but I really need the app to turn on the fan since my work place is still 90+ F these days. Anybody has the same problem since the update or has any suggestions? Thanks!

Hi I am new to this group and have my model 3 RWD for about 2 month. Everything works great with phone and Tesla app until the recent update 2018.36.2 ac4a215.

I scheduled the update in midnight 2 days ago. In the morning I couldn't wake up my model 3 but Bluetooth key function still works, so I can still get in the car. When car starts, my app connects and everything is fine (Install completed without issue). However when the car is parked, it seems to be put in "deep sleep" mode and cannot be awaken by app ever since. I noticed the LTE is not connected for the first 3-5 seconds after I start the car, and then it connects to LTE just fine and my app connects again. Same situation in my garage with WiFi connect. When the car is being charged, my app works. When car is just parked, app cannot make it up.

I read a few old discussions with similar condition. I tried pushing the two control button to reboot the tablet. Still no luck after the tablet reboot. All other function is fine but I really need the app to turn on the fan since my work place is still 90+ F these days. Anybody has the same problem since the update or has any suggestions? Thanks!
I'm seeing the exact same behavior this AM after updating last night.