Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App on Tablet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been using the Tesla Android app on different tablets for three years. Today, when I checked, on my Google Pixel Tablet, to see if the new version was available, I saw this:

Screenshot_20231216-074038.jpg

The app still works perfectly on the tablet.

Anyone know anything about this?

My Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2019) is on version 4.26.6-2033 and also shows incompatibility with latest version (4.27.5.2100) which is installed on my Samsung XCover Pro. Can only guess that qualification has not yet been performed on some devices. The tablet seems to work okay but I may not know what's missing. Also, my car is currently running 2023.38.9 which is a month old.

I'd be very surprised if this were true. What's the reason for using it on a tablet?
I get that, but my tablet is next to the couch, and it's nicer to use than the phone (because the tablet is larger).

Things I regularly use it for on my tablet:

• Modifying charge scheduling
  • Checking current SOC
  • Checking location (when wife is driving)
  • Wife checking location (when I'm driving)
  • Finding out when spouse will be home (we both use navigation, so the app can tell us exactly what time to have dinner ready)
  • Seeing that my wife left the trunk open
  • Heating up car ahead of time
  • Getting notifications about updates, etc.
  • Initiating an OTA update
  • Checking charge stats
  • Scheduling service

Reactions: CaseyL and S&B's M3
I just had similar happen to my Pixel Tablet after latest Android system software update. I used to use Tesla app on the tablet.
"This tablet isn't compatible with this app"

I always thought the Pixel tablet was identical to Pixel 7, with phone components stripped out, but maybe not.

Don’t think so. My iPad has no cellular capabilities, but the iOS Tesla app is compatible with my iPad.
Good data point. And it doesn't make sense that cell capabilities are a factor.

Note that the Android app is compatible with my Pixel Tablet, in that it works perfectly on the tablet. The problem is that the Google Play store thinks that it's not. Maybe Apple sees things differently.

Good data point. And it doesn't make sense that cell capabilities are a factor.

Note that the Android app is compatible with my Pixel Tablet, in that it works perfectly on the tablet. The problem is that the Google Play store thinks that it's not. Maybe Apple sees things differently.
I‘m guessing Tesla didn’t update something in the app that they should have for Google Play. No reason why there should be a real incompatibility. Hopefully Tesla will fix the problem in the next update.

Reactions: PianoAl