Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update for waiting Model 3 buyers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I had a chat with my Tesla Advisor this morning, so thought I'd share the latest status for people waiting.

• As expected, they are flat out serving the last potential buyers who are hoping to sneak in before the current expiry of the EV rebate.
  • They are expecting to provide VINs to people in the queue at some stage this week - they'll email out when this is done.
  • They are now expecting two deliveries in Feb. One is arriving 1st February, then the next on 18th February. Unless you ordered a while back, your car will be on the 18th February ship, which is a far bigger delivery of 800 cars. I think he said your place on these ships will also be confirmed in the email mentioned above.
  • The cars on this second (Feb18) shipment is expected to start being delivered to buyers on 1st March. They are working their hardest to get all cars to buyers in time to claim the rebate.
  • They also have a shipment of accessories that is 'stuck in customs' at the moment, so if you are waiting to buy something that's out of stock that should be resolved within in a couple of weeks.
Hope this helps someone!

Hi all,

I had a chat with my Tesla Advisor this morning, so thought I'd share the latest status for people waiting.

• As expected, they are flat out serving the last potential buyers who are hoping to sneak in before the current expiry of the EV rebate.
  • They are expecting to provide VINs to people in the queue at some stage this week - they'll email out when this is done.
  • They are now expecting two deliveries in Feb. One is arriving 1st February, then the next on 18th February. Unless you ordered a while back, your car will be on the 18th February ship, which is a far bigger delivery of 800 cars. I think he said your place on these ships will also be confirmed in the email mentioned above.
  • The cars on this second (Feb18) shipment is expected to start being delivered to buyers on 1st March. They are working their hardest to get all cars to buyers in time to claim the rebate.
  • They also have a shipment of accessories that is 'stuck in customs' at the moment, so if you are waiting to buy something that's out of stock that should be resolved within in a couple of weeks.
Hope this helps someone!
Thanks mate. Ordered mine only 10 days ago, hoping I can get allocated one from these shipments

I was told by the sales advisor last week it would come with Ryzen & updated 12v battery. With that news I placed my order the next day. Fingers crossed it's true.
Whoever received Tesla M3 before July 2021 got $3000 expansive car with older processor, paid heated seats, smaller battery packs...
Whoever received Tesla M3 before Oct 2021 got car with older processor, paid heated seats, smaller battery packs...
Whoever received Tesla M3 before Jan 2022 got car with older processor, paid heated seats, improved battery packs...
Whoever received Tesla M3 after Jan 2022 gets car with upgraded processor, paid heated seats, improved battery packs...

So technically just within six months car changed in key areas (processor, battery, features), value depreciated big time (much worst for people received the car before my September delivery), and FSD came along long way since I started using in September 2021 (From hating it to almost trusting it to have shut eyes during trip - lol)...

Considering already many older models not getting latest features like lightshow, It's like we are going down the smartphone path... device expected to last 3 years, before less updates are rolled out and you are expected to upgrade or drive insecure device.

Whoever received Tesla M3 before July 2021 got $3000 expansive car with older processor, paid heated seats, smaller battery packs...
Whoever received Tesla M3 before Oct 2021 got car with older processor, paid heated seats, smaller battery packs...
Whoever received Tesla M3 before Jan 2022 got car with older processor, paid heated seats, improved battery packs...
Whoever received Tesla M3 after Jan 2022 gets car with upgraded processor, paid heated seats, improved battery packs...

So technically just within six months car changed in key areas (processor, battery, features), value depreciated big time (much worst for people received the car before my September delivery), and FSD came along long way since I started using in September 2021 (From hating it to almost trusting it to have shut eyes during trip - lol)...

Considering already many older models not getting latest features like lightshow, It's like we are going down the smartphone path... device expected to last 3 years, before less updates are rolled out and you are expected to upgrade or drive insecure device.
Typo.... since late November/December heated seats are free for all.

The only other option other than forever waiting for the next Tesla change is to dive in, buy now and enjoy what you have.

2019....no Regrets!
Hmm maybe should be on a Tshirt lol
Yep 2019 here - definitely no regrets - I have free premium connectivity for life, free supercharging from referrals till Dec 2023, got a free Wall Connector on delivery day. Swings and roundabouts.

So, what you’re saying is the cars are getting better spec’d for less cost. That’s a win for buyers.

Sure it sucks of you got the timing wrong and got a less spec’d car that might be worth less in 4 years than a car made just 2 weeks later than yours.
It's good and bad....

good that it's keep on improving, love that aspect so much.

bad, that once latest updates will start needing more recent processors etc, either retrofit (good if it could be) or cars value drop significantly.... if forget about the resell value - think about everyone always want to buy a new car and replace the same every 3-5 years for another new car - it would bring so much waste and go against motto of clean cars ecosystem.

but again... no discussions are welcome here? because anything which is critical of Tesla, other users ask to go away or shut off... I believe car is good enough to not needing that aggressive defence... remember everyone here came from using other cars, and if noone speaks up - everyone pays for faulty features unfixed for long.

You're criticism is because tesla is improving their cars.

Which is a thing they've done since day 1, and always to the benefit of their customers.

if you feel like new cars being made better than the old ones is an issue sell your tesla and go rebuy an audi.

NZ Herald photo of Tesla's being unloaded in Auckland today 14th Jan 22
1642132659081.png

Reactions: Ecoli