Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update for waiting Model 3 buyers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD 21/02 SR+ 18" White RWD, VIN assigned & request for payment as well.
I do have to ask that question though. Can I wait a bit before paying? In the USA posts everybody says don’t pay until you’ve inspected the vehicle but I’m not sure we have that option here.

The armacup schedule has one ship for each leaving early in July, but these are scheduled services so other companies cars as well. Armacup schedule doesn't go any further out yet. There is a (slim) possibility that Tesla has chartered a ship for this load of cars.
Actually, looks like there are 2 that are hitting our shores towards the end of July. TURANDOT on the 24th July....PAGANELLA on the 27th July....Keeping all my fingers and toes crossed

Actually, looks like there are 2 that are hitting our shores towards the end of July. TURANDOT on the 24th July....PAGANELLA on the 27th July....Keeping all my fingers and toes crossed
Turandot didn't pick up from Shanghai, so unless they put them on another ship then unload and load at another port its unlikely.

It could be the Don Juan.. That did visit Shanghai and is coming to NZ, but Tesla was being really slack about assigning vins etc if it was.

Last edited:
Got a Vin number the other day, now an EDD update. Others on Facebook have EDD updates. 13-19 Aug and 18-27 Aug spotted so far. 2 weeks after Paganella docks seems too long for the first deliveries, but maybe they'll move up as the date gets closer.
I've an EDD 4-18 Aug. I suspect there'll be a bottleneck getting cars distributed around the country, and perhaps they're prioritising that based on order date.

Thanks mate, what is EDD update? I got a VIN number (hiding) How can you get the EDD updates?
EDD update just appears in the App/Webpage but only if you are collecting from a delivery centre (or store I think). If you are somewhere they need to truck the car to you then you get nothing until they have a truck booked I believe.

If you have a VIN then your car is almost certainly going to be on the Paganella, and will be an early to mid August delivery.

EDD update just appears in the App/Webpage but only if you are collecting from a delivery centre (or store I think). If you are somewhere they need to truck the car to you then you get nothing until they have a truck booked I believe.

If you have a VIN then your car is almost certainly going to be on the Paganella, and will be an early to mid August delivery.
Thanks! I based in WLG but we let the SA know that we are keen to pick up from AKL. Dont know how can we note in our account that we will pick up from a delivery centre