Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrade from SR (354km) to SR+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone Canadian M3 SR (354km) owner been able to upgrade to SR+?

Is the 150 km version also labeled SR ?
What do you mean by “upgrade”? Do you mean if you currently own a Model 3 Standard Range (151km) can you pay Tesla to change the battery pack to the capacity of the Standard Range Plus (453km)? If that is your question, the answer is “no”.

The 151km version is called Standard Range. The 453km version is called Standard Range Plus. See this page Design Your Model 3 | Tesla

Here are some screenshots that show the version names and ranges.

Attachments

• 78293C21-2891-4B05-B930-8D033FCD8840.jpeg
    78293C21-2891-4B05-B930-8D033FCD8840.jpeg
    237.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 86AD7A61-7A6F-4717-8FA0-6E39E25FD455.jpeg
    86AD7A61-7A6F-4717-8FA0-6E39E25FD455.jpeg
    235.7 KB · Views: 50
What do you mean by “upgrade”? Do you mean if you currently own a Model 3 Standard Range (151km) can you pay Tesla to change the battery pack to the capacity of the Standard Range Plus (453km)? If that is your question, the answer is “no”.

The 151km version is called Standard Range. The 453km version is called Standard Range Plus. See this page Design Your Model 3 | Tesla
Nope. I mean I bought a Standard range model 3 (220 mile version). It is a software locked SR+.

The battery packs are the same. The SR model is software limited.

• Disagree
Reactions: Murky-Article

I bought mine before the Canadian Federal Rebate. It actually was delivered a full SR+ 385 km and only rolled back, with an over the air update, 8 months later to SR 354km. They should branded the 151km version SR-
You Model 3 had its range reduced 8 months after you took delivery? Did Tesla refund back to you part of the sales price?

Besides losing a small amount of range, did you lose any other features?

Please explain further, as I find this confusing.

Reactions: Vawlkus
You Model 3 had its range reduced 8 months after you took delivery? Did Tesla refund back to you part of the sales price?

Besides losing a small amount of range, did you lose any other features?

Please explain further, as I find this confusing.
If you bought the SR at the time they delivered a SR+ then later downgraded with a over the air software update. Only paid for the SR.

If you bought the SR at the time they delivered a SR+ then later downgraded with a over the air software update. Only paid for the SR.
Okay. That is pretty weird. And besides losing range, after the “downgrade” did you lose any features that you had when you took delivery?

Specifically, did you have TACC and Auto Steer at delivery? What about after the downgrade?