Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrading our SR+ to LR 2021 or LR 2022( 82kwh).?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As per title, we are contemplating changing our SR+ for a used 75kwh or 82kwh LR. Why? We are retired and doing more longer trips on the roads more scenic, and less travelled. The SR+ range at highway speeds and less favorable weather is testing our old age nerves. Moreover, we would appreciate a faster charge rate when we use faster superchargers as we will often require to charge to 90 or 95% to reach a destination with wriggle room to spare. For example following the coastal route from Geelong to Adelaide, especially the Coorang coast.

Who else has upgraded for similar reasons and was it worth it.

I sold my 2019 SR+ and purchased a new M3 LR. Delivered in March this year. Same reasons as you.

The tyres have the same profile and the ride is the same. Dual motors mean better handling. The new car is quieter and has a better finish.

We went for the white interior, no regrets.

Buy a new one.

Reactions: evpaddie
I upgraded from SR+ to 2021 LR because someone wrote off the SR+, and the LR price was right by then. I've found it just that little bit more convenient on road trips, yeah.
My RWD was written off at the start of the year, I planned on doing the same as youve done however insurance would only replace with brand new identical car, wouldnt negotiate to buy me a second hand LR or P even if it were cheaper... I asked for the pay-out in cash but they said they would have to give it directly to the finance company which would leave me at sqaure 1. How did you do it..Did you own the car outright?

My RWD was written off at the start of the year, I planned on doing the same as youve done however insurance would only replace with brand new identical car, wouldnt negotiate to buy me a second hand LR or P even if it were cheaper... I asked for the pay-out in cash but they said they would have to give it directly to the finance company which would leave me at sqaure 1. How did you do it..Did you own the car outright?
Yeah owned it outright. Had to talk the insurance company around but they ended up paying Tesla for a replacement SR+ order and I paid the difference up to an LR.