Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upper Steering Column Bolt Problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I read somewhere that a model 3 owners steering wheel became detached due to it not being fitted correctly. It was believed to be a one off but reassured today to receive a call from Tesla that they are checking the fitting. 3 hours later a Ranger turned up in his M3. Check all to be okay. Wiped everything he touch including my key with a alcohol wipe. A great service from Tesla Birmingham UK

Reactions: Adopado and Roy W.
I read somewhere that a model 3 owners steering wheel became detached due to it not being fitted correctly. It was believed to be a one off but reassured today to receive a call from Tesla that they are checking the fitting. 3 hours later a Ranger turned up in his M3. Check all to be okay. Wiped everything he touch including my key with a alcohol wipe. A great service from Tesla Birmingham UK
Story here
Anyone’s steering wheel just come off?

I read somewhere that a model 3 owners steering wheel became detached due to it not being fitted correctly. It was believed to be a one off but reassured today to receive a call from Tesla that they are checking the fitting.

What VIN range are you?

Presumably they contacted you because they had suspicions that it affected a range of vehicles.

Good that they are being pro active.