Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB Dashcam not starting automatically at beginning of drive - 2019.12.1.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have an issue where the dash cam won't automatically start recording at the beginning of their drives sometimes? The recording icon sometimes doesn't show up until I unplug/replug the USB drive. I just did a reformat of the drive to see if it would fix it, but no luck - maybe mine is bad?

I'm using a 128gb sandisk ixpand for what it's worth.

Thanks!

yes it started happening my M3 last week... I was using a USB hub. I removed the USB hub and connected the SSD directly to one of the Front USB ports, and now the TeslaCam icon shows up and starts to record automatically when I start the car.

Hmm, I do have the usb drive connected via an usb-splitter, so maybe that's causing the problem?

So Seems like every time I plug the usb drive in directly to the port, it starts up fine and works. But, now my wireless charging pad (nomad gen 1) won’t work, cause both USB ports need to be plugged in.

Anyone have a workaround? Maybe I need a different splitter? Im using this onvian usb splitter here

Onvian USB Splitter Cable Male to 2 Female Adapter USB A Cord 2 Port Hub for Data Charging Syncing (Only one Port for Data) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KX4TKH6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_4kC6CbGFKX07V

Still on 2019.12.1.2 also.

So Seems like every time I plug the usb drive in directly to the port, it starts up fine and works. But, now my wireless charging pad (nomad gen 1) won’t work, cause both USB ports need to be plugged in.

Anyone have a workaround? Maybe I need a different splitter? Im using this onvian usb splitter here

Onvian USB Splitter Cable Male to 2 Female Adapter USB A Cord 2 Port Hub for Data Charging Syncing (Only one Port for Data) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KX4TKH6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_4kC6CbGFKX07V

Still on 2019.12.1.2 also.

Did you ever figure out a solution to this @eyespii ? I just got this drive and seem to have the same exact issue. I also have the nomad gen 1.

I will try direct connection of the USB memory but TeslaCam was working through a splitter just fine until recent updates.
What is weird is that while TeslaCam does not work, the Sentry mode captures video well when an event is detected.