Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB Flash Drive for audio not recognized

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can only see two in that picture.
There are 2 more on the side. The two you see are SB 2.0 and the ones on the side you dont see are USB 3.0 and USB C. Here is a better shot. $26.99 on Amazon and $12.99 on AliExpress! Price went up on AliExpress in 2 days

Screenshot 2024-02-07 191006.png
Screenshot 2024-02-07 191613.png

Last edited:
There are 2 more on the side. The two you see are SB 2.0 and the ones on the side you dont see are USB 3.0 and USB C. Here is a better shot. $26.99 on Amazon and $12.99 on AliExpress! Price went up on AliExpress in 2 days

View attachment 1016335View attachment 1016342
The only problem with these hubs is that if you try to load like a gazillion devices is the bottleneck is the USB 2.0 port. I just wish Tesla would just simplify the glovebox USB with a USB-C port which could accommodate everything easier and the direction is to move things to USB-C ports anyways. I would argue the fact that Tesla already uses USB-C ports for its 2 front console and 2 rear console ports so supplying a USB 2.0 port actually creates an unnecessary supply chain issue when they can just simplify operations by making all ports USB-C.

Reactions: arvindm
The only problem with these hubs is that if you try to load like a gazillion devices is the bottleneck is the USB 2.0 port. I just wish Tesla would just simplify the glovebox USB with a USB-C port which could accommodate everything easier and the direction is to move things to USB-C ports anyways. I would argue the fact that Tesla already uses USB-C ports for its 2 front console and 2 rear console ports so supplying a USB 2.0 port actually creates an unnecessary supply chain issue when they can just simplify operations by making all ports USB-C.
Yeah! Tesla says its due to chip shortage. I have a feeling they are trying to gouge people more with streaming service. Wait and watch, how the price of streaming service will jump within the next year so so when people have no other options but to subscribe!

Yeah! Tesla says its due to chip shortage. I have a feeling they are trying to gouge people more with streaming service. Wait and watch, how the price of streaming service will jump within the next year so so when people have no other options but to subscribe!
The chip shortage was for the USB data module in the center console. I am talking about the glovebox USB port which should be a USB-C port regardless. They don't even use USB-A ports anywhere else in the MY for like 2 years. If anything it adds more unnecessary supply chain issues where they can just simplify it by having only USB-C ports. Perhaps it is a push for people to subscribe to premium connectivity but if anything it should be at least a USB 3.2 Gen 2x1 so it has the data speeds to support potentially more devices.

Reactions: arvindm
The chip shortage was for the USB data module in the center console. I am talking about the glovebox USB port which should be a USB-C port regardless. They don't even use USB-A ports anywhere else in the MY for like 2 years. If anything it adds more unnecessary supply chain issues where they can just simplify it by having only USB-C ports. Perhaps it is a push for people to subscribe to premium connectivity but if anything it should be at least a USB 3.2 Gen 2x1 so it has the data speeds to support potentially more devices.
It's very possible that they have a few million of those USB-A thumb drives lying around and want to use them. This is the same company which removed the turn signal and shifting stalks to save a few bucks.

Reactions: QUBO
That's my suspicion as well. They just want everyone to subscribe to their premium connectivity service