Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB hub and GPS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2023 MYLR has been giving GPS issues for some time now. It's off by few blocks or few kms at times.
I have been using USB hub to plug in Tesla stick for dash cam and another usb stick for playing music.

Recent visit to SC, told me USB hub is interfering with GPS signals and should not be used. Tesla has removed all other USB data ports and only one in glovebox works.

Anyone else facing the same issue?

My 2023 MYLR has been giving GPS issues for some time now. It's off by few blocks or few kms at times.
I have been using USB hub to plug in Tesla stick for dash cam and another usb stick for playing music.

Recent visit to SC, told me USB hub is interfering with GPS signals and should not be used. Tesla has removed all other USB data ports and only one in glovebox works.

Is the GPS still incorrect if you remove the USB hub?

I have no problem in my 22 M Y

Attachments

• Tesla Glovebox Hub Klutchtech IMG_9525.JPG
    Tesla Glovebox Hub Klutchtech IMG_9525.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 154
I also experienced GPS errors while playing USB music, which went away after removing a glovebox USB hub. However, the discussion about USB 3.0 causing interference got me thinking, and I dug an old USB 2.0 hub out of the junk drawer. It seems to work! I have 2 USB sticks on it, one for sentry and one for music, and it seems happy. Sentry hasn't complained (so far), and I can play music without any GPS errors.

Not sure what will happen if I'm playing music while sentry is trying to record, but it's unlikely to ever happen. Will follow up if I notice any issues down the road. I was going to get a larger USB stick and partition it, but as long as this continues to work, all good!

Ben