Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB Hub from Jeda and Taptes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Taptes USB Spacer finally arrived after over a month, but is junk. It stays securely to Tesla's bottom rail, but Taptes's upper rail is so loose that the Tesla trim cover just falls off with slightest tap.

Jeda USB Hub is still MIA. I've just been using Anker USB 3.0 hub (meant for desktop/laptop). I may just cancel the Jeda order.

Btw, Tesla wouldn't properly read both SSD & USB-Stick at the same time until I manually rebooted via double-thumbwheel method.

I am going to skip both of these hubs and try out the skyline insert that has the 4 port hub and either a tray or drink holder. (there is a thread out there on it). Just have to wait for the rugged tray model to come back into stock.

Reactions: Jewel
Jeda sent an email out today as promised.

Hey there,

We're sending out a quick note and let you know your order, which features a JEDA USB FOR THE MODEL Y AND NEW MODEL 3 is almost ready to get shipped to you! Production on our newest hubs is finishing up, and our focus will then be wholly on getting each order shrink wrapped, packed up, labelled and shipped off to you. Each hub is individually tested to meet quality standards.

The Jeda USB Hub is and will be the only 6 port USB hub on the market. On top of the extra features and quality, you can also expect fast USB C charging capabilities, which works perfectly with the Tesla stock charger or the Jeda Wireless Pad. The Jeda USB Hub for the Model Y/3 offers power delivery, and you can have peace of mind that the product you've spent time waiting for has been tested and tried for your Tesla experience.

A few notes:

• Production will be wrapping up in about a week and a half. Shipments will begin in two weeks.
  • Since we are a bit backlogged, these will be going out in batches on a weekly basis. We know you've been waiting for you hub, and we appreciate you allowing our team to get everything packed up and ready for you!
  • Shipments within the U.S tend to head out via FedEx, UPS, or USPS. Shipments to international countries tend to go out via DHL or UPS. If you have a preferred courier, please let us know.
  • If any address changes are required, please let us know as soon as possible. Once a package ships out, we can do little to stop it.
  • You will receive one more email from us when your order is about to ship and another with tracking details from our system.

We can't wait for you to get, use and test the best hub to date. The electronics in it have taken so long, but we're extremely pleased that we prioritized safety and quality without compromising in any way. Now that Model Y/new Model 3 hubs are finishing up, we're going to be sharing some details about new tech based project for the Model 3 and Y, which are compatible with our current product line and will work to enhance the Tesla driving experience!

- The Jeda Team

Installed my Taptes USB hub today and it is tricky to install but seems to be working

Put mine in yesterday. Need to keep it vertical and against the back wall as close as possible using your fingers to feel where the USB-C and USB-A ports are to line it up. A bit tricky but I think I got it around the third try. Works fine with my USB, wireless charging pad and my wired USB game controller...the most important part. :p

I sure hope Jeda makes good on all of us who ordered many months ago?

give us a huge discount on another product or something, anything.

wonder how many folks will leave terrible reviews even if the hub is good?

Jeda sent an email out today as promised.

Hey there,

We're sending out a quick note and let you know your order, which features a JEDA USB FOR THE MODEL Y AND NEW MODEL 3 is almost ready to get shipped to you! Production on our newest hubs is finishing up, and our focus will then be wholly on getting each order shrink wrapped, packed up, labelled and shipped off to you. Each hub is individually tested to meet quality standards.

The Jeda USB Hub is and will be the only 6 port USB hub on the market. On top of the extra features and quality, you can also expect fast USB C charging capabilities, which works perfectly with the Tesla stock charger or the Jeda Wireless Pad. The Jeda USB Hub for the Model Y/3 offers power delivery, and you can have peace of mind that the product you've spent time waiting for has been tested and tried for your Tesla experience.

A few notes:

• Production will be wrapping up in about a week and a half. Shipments will begin in two weeks.
  • Since we are a bit backlogged, these will be going out in batches on a weekly basis. We know you've been waiting for you hub, and we appreciate you allowing our team to get everything packed up and ready for you!
  • Shipments within the U.S tend to head out via FedEx, UPS, or USPS. Shipments to international countries tend to go out via DHL or UPS. If you have a preferred courier, please let us know.
  • If any address changes are required, please let us know as soon as possible. Once a package ships out, we can do little to stop it.
  • You will receive one more email from us when your order is about to ship and another with tracking details from our system.

We can't wait for you to get, use and test the best hub to date. The electronics in it have taken so long, but we're extremely pleased that we prioritized safety and quality without compromising in any way. Now that Model Y/new Model 3 hubs are finishing up, we're going to be sharing some details about new tech based project for the Model 3 and Y, which are compatible with our current product line and will work to enhance the Tesla driving experience!

- The Jeda Team

Pretty sure this is a canned response for those asking about their USB hub. I received the exact same response when I emailed them a few weeks ago for status.

I ordered in June, never received anything aside from canned responses. Assuming they are not flat out fraudulent they are certainly not communicating truthfully and I consider them incompetent as an aftermarket provider. I wrote off my payment as lesson learned.

• Informative
Reactions: Zer0t