Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Usb music not restarting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This has probably been discussed many times but I’m tired of dealing with it. I have a 2016 Model x still on V10 and I have all my music on a usb stick. Is there a way to enable the music to remember where it is and when you get back in the car have it start playing where it left off.

My 2018 Model X just got 2022.4.5.21 and my media player now asks me to select a source instead of restart my usb music. Streaming music seems to start properly.

Up until this last update, my usb music would start where it left off as long as I used the app to initiate the climate control before opening the door or opened and closed the doors or rear hatch multiple times until the music would start up. I liked to use the app method the most, because that way I do not look ridiculous in parking lots opening and closing my doors multiple times just to get my usb music playing again.

With the update to 2022.4.5.21 neither of those 2 methods work any longer with usb music. The media player now asks me to select a source everytime

Just tried the voice command "USB" and it worked. Thank you RichardL for the tip. It is amazing the weird things we have to do to listen to usb music. At least this one step is easier than opening and closing doors multiple times and is more intuitive too.

Prior to reading this thread, my V11 solution was to wait for the USB icon to show up before closing the driver door while my butt was lifted off the seat. This would consistently trigger the music to start when I sat down afterwards and triggered the occupant sensor. That quit working with 2022.4.5.21 (same as @Sparrow experience). I would love to use the USB voice command as a workaround, but I have another issue preventing me from even trying it ever since the same update. Specifically, every time I get in the vehicle, I have no cellular connectivity for some relatively lengthy period of time (possibly measurable in minutes). During this time, the voice command button won't work, because apparently it requires connectivity...

Reactions: fr100
A workaround that I came up with is to leave Sentry on EVERYWHERE (even at home in my garage). Yes, it's a power drain and we really shouldn't have to resort to this, but at least this way the music is (almost) always there.

In addition to the "USB" voice command (which isn't 100%), you can also try "Switch to USB" (this one works for any input source).

This all started with 2022.4.X. Before that version, as long as I turned on my car (usually by turning on the environment), it always worked fine.