Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used 2019 Model X 100D vs. Used 2019 Model X Standard Range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trading “up” to the X from my awesome DM model 3, which I have loved. Main reasons for trade up are the 6-seater (kids) and tow package (mainly for bike rack). My commute to work is short, but I can foresee road trips (probably limited to the East Coast, but who knows) in the future. We are an outdoorsy, dog-loving family.

Perks of 100D: obviously, the range. Has less than 8,000 miles.
Cons: 1) Located in Cali, so $2000 transport fee (but at this price point, does it even matter?)
2) $1,300 more than the Standard Range.

2019 Standard Range:
Pros: 1) $1,300 less than 100D
2) Already on East coast, so only $500 delivery fee
3) Less than 4,000 miles on odometer.
Cons: Range.
Also, does anyone know if the 2019 standard range has a standard tow package and standard subzero weather package?

Both are gorgeous, with perfect 6-seater configuration.

My gut is telling me to suck it up and go with the 100D. But figured I’d ask the experts

Thanks!

Better idea would be to search out a used (or even new) Raven. So much improvement in range, power, suspension, quiet.
A large amount of improvement.
Maybe find a demo/showroom model and save some $. There are still some on the ground from before the factory shut down.

Better idea would be to search out a used (or even new) Raven. So much improvement in range, power, suspension, quiet.
A large amount of improvement.
Maybe find a demo/showroom model and save some $. There are still some on the ground from before the factory shut down.

Raven came out in 2019.. he could be looking at Raven models...

@3toX - all the X models are configured with the same options, so, you're just selecting between pack size, seating, color, and wheels...

2019 Standard Range:
Pros: 1) $1,300 less than 100D
2) Already on East coast, so only $500 delivery fee
You might want to confirm that the $500 transportation fee is still available. I believe Tesla has changed their policy and if it's under 250 miles there is no charge, but if it's over the 250 miles then it's a flat $2,000. I ordered a vehicle that should have been $500 (it was shown that way on the Tesla website for that vehicle coming to my zip code). After I placed the order they added $2,000 and would not remove it. I dropped the order and lost my $100 deposit.

• Informative
Reactions: E Dizzle
You might want to confirm that the $500 transportation fee is still available. I believe Tesla has changed their policy and if it's under 250 miles there is no charge, but if it's over the 250 miles then it's a flat $2,000. I ordered a vehicle that should have been $500 (it was shown that way on the Tesla website for that vehicle coming to my zip code). After I placed the order they added $2,000 and would not remove it. I dropped the order and lost my $100 deposit.
How did you lose your deposit? In the UK distance selling rules would have made that completely refundable, and if you paid by Credit Card you could just go to your card provider if Tesla would not play ball and insist on a refund - do you not have similar rules in the US? It was not as advertised = they have to refund you no matter what their terms and conditions say....

Purchased a 90d last month that was in southern California, I am in Phoenix, was $500 delivery.

How did you lose your deposit? In the UK distance selling rules would have made that completely refundable, and if you paid by Credit Card you could just go to your card provider if Tesla would not play ball and insist on a refund - do you not have similar rules in the US? It was not as advertised = they have to refund you no matter what their terms and conditions say....

Purchased a 90d last month that was in southern California, I am in Phoenix, was $500 delivery.

@x-rm - I think their out legally is that they call it an estimate (see images below). In the end Tesla won because with all that's going on it just wasn't worth fighting the battle.

@Brahane - My order was on March 24th and they were absolutely firm on the $2,000 even though the Tesla website said $500 (estimated). I appealed to my inside sales advisor in Las Vegas and sent him screenshots similar to those below. He was shocked and said he appealed to his boss but still they wouldn't come off of it. He did say it was a recent change so perhaps you got yours before the change.
Transport fee 2.JPG

Transport fee 3.JPG

@x-rm - I think their out legally is that they call it an estimate (see images below). In the end Tesla won because with all that's going on it just wasn't worth fighting the battle.
I get what you mean about not wanting to spend effort fighting that battle with everything else that is going on - I am curious tho', does the US have similar distance selling rules and credit card terms. Here in the UK you have 7 days from any online transaction to back out, no reason required, plus if you buy something using a credit card (I think the limits are over £100 and under £3k) then if you do not get a satisfactory service from the supplier and they won't help you then you can get the card company to refund you instead. There are a few forms involved and the retailer has the option to dispute it but essentially it gives you a lot more power 'cos they don't 'have your money therefore hold all the cards' as it were 'cos the card company will just take it straight out of their bank.

Go with the 100D, I assume it isn't cost parity with a new Long-Range or you would just go with that. If the 300mi range is sufficient for your needs the Raven updates are all "under the surface" so to speak, so you will only care about those differences if you spend a lot of time in one and then a lot of time in the other, if you have the 100D I think you'll be happy long-term. However, if it were only like $5K or something to get the Raven, then do it for sure, just not sure how much more its worth, to me not much more than $5K...

I get what you mean about not wanting to spend effort fighting that battle with everything else that is going on - I am curious tho', does the US have similar distance selling rules and credit card terms. Here in the UK you have 7 days from any online transaction to back out, no reason required, plus if you buy something using a credit card (I think the limits are over £100 and under £3k) then if you do not get a satisfactory service from the supplier and they won't help you then you can get the card company to refund you instead. There are a few forms involved and the retailer has the option to dispute it but essentially it gives you a lot more power 'cos they don't 'have your money therefore hold all the cards' as it were 'cos the card company will just take it straight out of their bank.

In the US more car sales are by default a done deal when you sign on the dotted line at pickup.

Credit card sales in general are whatever the terms of the seller states. The CC company may also add warranties and guarantees.

In the US more car sales are by default a done deal when you sign on the dotted line at pickup.

Credit card sales in general are whatever the terms of the seller states. The CC company may also add warranties and guarantees.
In the UK you can only (seem to) buy a new Tesla by putting it in the basket on their website and then checking out. Bad from a customer/seller perspective in trying to work out the details of what you are getting unless you go along to one of the few showrooms they still have, but good in so much as you pay the deposit by card, and if you want protection, by credit card - the UK has a very nice law that says if you use your credit card for any part of a transaction between (I think) £100-£30,000 then the card company are equally liable for the WHOLE transaction if something went wrong - ok technically the car if more than £30k but you'd most likely get away with that if you were disputing the deposit, plus we have distance selling laws that entitle you to refunds irrespective of your reason for 7 days after buying anything online - there may be some exceptions to this but I again, I'm not completely up to date with it - it's free and automatic so it is something you are most likely get into the fine detail of if you ever needed it...

I'd go for the most amount of range that I could afford. Also, be aware that the range efficiency of the X is totally inferior to that of the 3. The short commutes are killer as well.

This. I have both P100D X and LR 3. The 3 is way more efficient, and charges more miles in less time. Get the 100D or a newer raven for sure. I could get near the rated range on the 3, while the X barely gets 200 miles on the highway with similar driving styles. The price difference between your 2 choices is nothing. A 75 to 100D was a $19k upgrade just 1.5 years ago.