Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used '21 M3 Standard Range+ w/ 26k miles or '22 M3 Long Range w/ 49k miles?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying to decide between a 2021 M3 Standard range and 2022 M3 Long Range where the LR has ~23k more miles on it.

These are used from Tesla and the 2022 is only slightly more expensive. I do mostly short city driving so I'm not sure if the extra range is needed/worth it, especially with the difference in miles on the cars, but I've also read that the LR drives nicer, has a better sound system, etc.

Any advice? Thanks!

LR does have better sound system(I believe 2 or 4 extra speakers and a woofer which are missing in SR) and is quicker, as for which one you can’t go wrong with either it’s purely your decision. Only time I would strongly recommend LR with AWD is if you are in one of the colder regions which gets snow

LR does have better sound system(I believe 2 or 4 extra speakers and a woofer which are missing in SR) and is quicker, as for which one you can’t go wrong with either it’s purely your decision. Only time I would strongly recommend LR with AWD is if you are in one of the colder regions which gets snow
I have a standard range and only charge it to 50% most days and don't even use the range I have now. I have taken the car cross country and enjoyed stopping every 2-3 hours to charge and get out of the car.

Reactions: Technokrat
LR has much more range if/when it’s needed, better sound system, faster, AWD, and more. The rule of thumb I’ve always gone by is to buy as much range as you can afford, so I’m in on the LR.
I have the 2023 Model Y Standard range with AWD, better sound system and dual motor. Due to our income we didn't qualify for the tax rebate and so I saved money and got a great car. Range is mostly hype for most people. The average person doesn't go any near what the standard range offers in a day. Also. I would bet most people only do a few (if any) road trips a year. I think the long range is great, but I also think of the deal is good, the standard range is more than enough for almost everyone's needs.

I have the 2023 Model Y Standard range with AWD, better sound system and dual motor. Due to our income we didn't qualify for the tax rebate and so I saved money and got a great car. Range is mostly hype for most people. The average person doesn't go any near what the standard range offers in a day. Also. I would bet most people only do a few (if any) road trips a year. I think the long range is great, but I also think of the deal is good, the standard range is more than enough for almost everyone's needs.
Standard range with AwD in 2023? I thought this combo was only in pre 2022 days before the price cut and that too mostly on M3.