Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used EV tax credit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all, Model Y LR owner here. I am in the process of purchasing a used Model 3 from Tesla.com, the car can be ready for delivery within 7 days. And I am not sure if I should push back/delay the delivery (by dragging on uploading the title of my trade-in, trade-in offer good till Jan 5th) till Jan 1st to qualify for any possible used EV tax credits? Any input is highly appreciated. :)

Hello all, Model Y LR owner here. I am in the process of purchasing a used Model 3 from Tesla.com, the car can be ready for delivery within 7 days. And I am not sure if I should push back/delay the delivery (by dragging on uploading the title of my trade-in, trade-in offer good till Jan 5th) till Jan 1st to qualify for any possible used EV tax credits? Any input is highly appreciated. :)

If you qualify for the credit, I would certainly do everything necessary to claim it!

YMMV,
a

Delaying will only cause others to not get their car and clog the entire system — Either take delivery or get out of line. People not taking delivery is what’s causing a lot of headaches for everyone. Commit to something… anything.

I think the current version of the used ev bill states “The credit would only apply to used cars that are at least two years old and cost less than $25,000.” I doubt Tesla website has anything that costs less than $25k now. Then again the senators could change the dollar amount as they negotiate…