Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Inventory Model S with FSD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

LN1_Casey

Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus
Mar 6, 2019
Oahu, Hawaii
So I'm going to be buying a Used Model S when I get stationed back in the States, and I want one that has FSD.

However, Tesla has them listed on their website as "Full Self Driving Capability." Does this mean it doesn't have the FSD installed to the car, and I'd pay for it as a later add on? Or is that already factored into the price of the car, and I can Smart Summon it to me in the Tesla Parking lot for the giggles?

Has anyone purchased a Used Inventory Tesla with FSD already installed?

FSD capable just means it comes with the hardware.
You would pay separately for the software.

Maybe. Back in the day, when I bought my car, Full Self Driving Capability was the name of the package that I had to pay $3k for. My window sticker and MVPA both say “Full Self Driving Capability” for the actual option I bought.

@LN1_Casey: you will have to ask Tesla. And get in writing whatever response you get.

Sounds like you are military. If so THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE !!

I was also looking for a low mileage P100D or Performance Model S with FSDC. I got sticker shock when most 2018-2019 were only a few $k less than new. Also considering Free Supercharging, full warranty, etc, I decide to purchase new. Also heard "rumors" that Tesla was shutting off features when a vehicle is sold. One benefit to buying used was getting nice looking 19" wheels. A lot of pot holes here in Florida.

M

Reactions: LN1_Casey
The auto-chat person on Tesla's website said that vehicles with "FSD capable" listed have the feature enabled on the vehicle, not just physically capable of purchasing it later. This is helpful for my budgeting planning later. :)

Thank you everyone for your responses.

• Informative
Reactions: E Dizzle
I am in the market for a used Model S as well. I came across cars with HW 2.0 with FSD listed. I asked online chat, and was confirmed that Full Self Driving features were included in the listed price. I asked if a new HW 3.0 was already installed or will be installed once purchased. Response back was "Don't Know" and asked me to give contact info for "Getting back to me". It took two weeks before I got an email, but didn't address my questions, so I asked again, and still waiting for response.

I know cars with FSD listed for higher price, but I am not sure if it will ever get FSD features once purchased, and waiting for upgrade within 4 year warranty?

Ok now I am confused... So I pay $7K for FSDC for a new 2020? Mind blowing
Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 20.58.27 PM.png

M