Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used M3 Delivery Time

shiftkenny

Oct 19, 2018
San Diego
Mine took 2 weeks. 4 days for paperwork to go through. 1 week for transfer from warehouse to Delivery Center 1 week for them to do final cleanup and inspection.

shiftkenny

Oct 19, 2018
San Diego
Should I do the insurance stuff if the VIN does officially show on my account? I only know the VIN from the source
Yeah the car should already be on your Tesla account. As a RN#######. The instructions are on there. It will tell you to submit insurance paperwork too but it doesnt have to be the new tesla on there it just wants to make sure you have an active Insurance

shiftkenny

Oct 19, 2018
San Diego
Dont I need a VIN for Insurance if im in Georgia?
Sorry if my last message didn't make sense but you don't need an active tesla coverage. You can just submit your current active insurance card on whatever car your using now.

Also I would get quotes now as well. Your vin should be with the original order page. I screen shot mine. But if you dont have it you can call your used advisor for it. If you dont have a advisor yet then next week someone will reach out to you and help you walk it through.

Z28diddy

Sep 23, 2019
Texas
Dont I need a VIN for Insurance if im in Georgia?

I think Georgia is like Texas, in that they require you to show proof that your Tesla VIN is insured. So you have to get the car insured X number of days before it can be delivered. I would check with your local delivery center on that timeline. Here I was told (end of September) it takes 3 days to get the temp tags, and they can't file for the temp tags until you have active insurance on the Tesla VIN. Although my e-mail from Tesla on Friday says 7-10 days.

captain_sahaj

Oct 20, 2019
Atlanta/Singapore
How much did you save buying Used? It seems like the prices are so close to New, and then when you add delivery, sometimes more.
I had a new one on order but cancelled it as it would not come till December. I found the exact configuration but used after I ordered.
The used one saves me 500 dollars and saves me time

OCR1

Jan 28, 2018
Southern California
If you already have insurance on another car you can usually just call them and let them know ahead of time that you are getting ready to purchase a new car. They will record the VIN# but won’t bind the policy until you tell them the deal is closed, but they can still issue you a coverage document.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC