Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used M3 Delivery Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dont I need a VIN for Insurance if im in Georgia?
Sorry if my last message didn't make sense but you don't need an active tesla coverage. You can just submit your current active insurance card on whatever car your using now.

Also I would get quotes now as well. Your vin should be with the original order page. I screen shot mine. But if you dont have it you can call your used advisor for it. If you dont have a advisor yet then next week someone will reach out to you and help you walk it through.

Dont I need a VIN for Insurance if im in Georgia?

I think Georgia is like Texas, in that they require you to show proof that your Tesla VIN is insured. So you have to get the car insured X number of days before it can be delivered. I would check with your local delivery center on that timeline. Here I was told (end of September) it takes 3 days to get the temp tags, and they can't file for the temp tags until you have active insurance on the Tesla VIN. Although my e-mail from Tesla on Friday says 7-10 days.

If you already have insurance on another car you can usually just call them and let them know ahead of time that you are getting ready to purchase a new car. They will record the VIN# but won’t bind the policy until you tell them the deal is closed, but they can still issue you a coverage document.