Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Model 3 pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Hops

Mar 29, 2020
Norway
M3 owner from Norway here.

Just wondering if MY launch in the US affected used M3 prices significantly?

I have preordered the Y, and wondering if i should sell my 3 before the launch of the Y, which will be sometime next year - or just wait and sell then /trade in.

market is flooded with many used model 3's and few buyers. people are not willing to budge on their asking price because reality hasnt hit them yet. its only a matter of time.

i think its not only Model Y affecting demand but also the fact that Model 3 production has ramp up and supply/demand isnt as crazy anymore, also the pandemic.

its pretty funny, someone even in the facebook groups asked if teslas appreciate in value

A lot of people bought the models 3s when they were much more expensive so people aren't willing to take such a large loss on the used market, yet..

Model Y hasn't been around long enough to gather quantifiable data to see if people are ditching the model 3s, yet ..

But it will no doubt.

A lot of people bought the models 3s when they were much more expensive so people aren't willing to take such a large loss on the used market, yet..

Model Y hasn't been around long enough to gather quantifiable data to see if people are ditching the model 3s, yet ..

But it will no doubt.

those are the same people that included the $7500 fed + state credit/rebates into the equation when buying and are now not including it when they sell the car. lol

Reactions: Jeff Davlt
I'm torn between trading my Model 3 in or selling through a private party. The trade-in would sure work smoothly as far as timing goes, but I feel I could easily sell the car privately for a few thousand more than Tesla is offering. I have an appt. at CarMax tomorrow to see what they say.

FWIW: Carvana was 10k lower than Tesla's offer.

Not sure you’re going to get a lot of good answers from Americans regarding pricing in Norway. (My people BTW)

I’d suggest facts over opinions. Go to Autotrader.com and look at prices nationwide.

I don’t believe resale will take a major dip due to the Model 3 being one of the best values when it comes to value retention.

Capital One: Value of Luxury Gas Cars Getting Slammed by Tesla Model 3

I believe the US and Norway have in common that EV’s are subsidized. Difference is that model 3 is no longer federally subsidized (locally, experience will differ) while I believe you still enjoy a 20 something VAT reduction.

Yet here in the US modeL 3’s are still selling like hot cakes. I’m sure your resale will hold up just fine. I’d keep an eye on the used market to answer your question.