Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the stealth performance get a premium in the used car market?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm thinking about selling my 2020 stealth performance M3 (white with black seats, 25k miles, no FSD) but I'm wondering if the stealth performance garners any premium in the market? Or should I just assume a price closer to a long range?

I usually sell to places like Carmax or Carvana cause I don't want to deal with private party but if the difference were significant, I might reconsider.

Thank you.

Any private party that is in the market that knows what that car is, knows its the same as a "regular" model 3 performance, except missing some add ons that a model 3 performance has (smaller tires, different brakes). Will that person who knows what it is pay more for the exact same car minus some stuff they could take off anyway?

I doubt it.

Any private party that is in the market that doesnt know about that particular car, would have to be convinced that "yes its actually a real performance model, even though it doesnt have X and Y".

Would someone pay extra for that car, even after being convinced its actually a legit model, just missing tires, brakes, etc?

I doubt it.

There isnt anything about that model that would make someone want to pay a premium for that car, unless it has free unlimited supercharging thats transferrable to them or something, at least that I see. At best it would be "similar" pricing to a regular model 3 performance.

More likely that it would be a little bit less than a model 3 performance, unless there are a bunch of bolt on specific upgrades that some enthusiast type might be willing to pay extra for. Not ceramic coating, or window tint, for example, but a good aftermarket suspension from a known respected brand, aftermarket wheels from a known respected brand, things like a nice rear diffuser etc.

No one is going to pay market price for all that stuff if its on there, but it might make someone pay, like $1.5 to $2 grand extra for like 6-8 grand worth of upgrades (not called FSD).

Yeah that is what I was figuring but was hoping maybe the right buyer might pay somewhat of a premium since they are the fastest performance models and they don't make them anymore. The stealth aspect is kinda cool. The car has no mods.

Keep in mind Performance M3 specs have improved since 2020 on range and slight more power. And there are a lot of 2022/23 M3 P cars into there at amazing discounts today given the highland M3P debue in 2023.

Stealth is great for someone wanting P power with LR suspension ride. But again, suspension tweaks in 2022/2023 have made all M3’s softer than 2018-2021.

Just letting you know what market sees!
I hope you find a good buyer.!

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Yeah that is what I was figuring but was hoping maybe the right buyer might pay somewhat of a premium since they are the fastest performance models and they don't make them anymore. The stealth aspect is kinda cool. The car has no mods.
I believe Stealth Model 3s had the older lower capacity battery. I don’t believe they would be quicker than a newer Model 3 Performance that was on similar 18” wheels.

My 2022 Model 3 Performance with the 82.1 kWh battery did 11.31 @ 119.34 mph for the 1/4 mile and the only change was 18” wheels with 235/45/18 PS4S tires. I don’t believe any stock Stealth Model 3s have been quicker than that.

IMG_1399.png

I think the comments here are spot on. I listed my 2019 Stealth with pretty much all the MPP mods for around stock M3P money and got lowballed enough to know that what I think my Stealth is worth to me isn’t what the “market,” thinks it’s worth. That’s capitalism and how economics works. No bad feelings, just a dose of market reality. So I’ve taken my car off the market and I’ll hold onto it. If you decide to sell yours, I hope you fare better than me. Personally, I think the Stealth is the best version of the Model 3.

Reactions: ODWms and mpgxsvcd
Givemethevin
Driveo
Driveway
Vroom
Shift

Those will give you a good idea of what you can get. Some local places will offer more also. Are you getting another vehicle? Make sure you factor in tax savings as it might be less hassle to just trade in.
Vroom and Shift are toast.

Try visiting shift.com.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd