Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Model S private purchase advice?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same boat here. N. Ca Sf area.

Looking for a 90d
1. Ap1
2. Pano roof
3. Black interior
4. White exterior
5. Unlimited supercharging (got a station by the office, and annual 3+ la trips)

Advice?? Im seeing a lot of 2015 lease returns w/30-40k miles, Hovering around $47k+.

Should I wait a few months as the 2016 3 year leases will be coming in the trolls soon???

CPO? Seems about $5k+ more than these private dealers.

Los Angeles seems to have the better pricing!

• Love
Reactions: Pismo
I recently purchased a used P85D. I did a little digging around and given the durability of these vehicles I opted for a vehicle with a fully upgraded vehicle with a little higher mileage. From what I can tell you will only experience minor degradation to the battery until around 200K-250K miles. Tesloop has put roughly 400K miles a car they call eHawk and they're estimating it will go to roughly one million miles. Given that the interiors of these cars are not as plush as many other premium auto makers, it seems like the durability may be better. Other than the battery, the only major concern in my mind is the electronics (robotic sunroof, trunk, seats, windows, etc). I purchased my car with 58K miles on it and I couldn't be happier with it.

On the matter of inspections, if you're purchasing a quality vehicle from a reasonable party they should be willing to pull the vehicle history for you; although given the high demand for these vehicles it may be hard for them to hold on to it for too long. When I was shopping around I found the prices in Silicon Valley were about 3K cheaper than LA. I ultimately purchased from iDeal motors in Costa Mesa because of the quality of the vehicle and the seller's attention to detail.