Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used model S... Years with FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking into buying a used model S. What should I be looking for if I want FSD on the model S? What model years have this feature? If the model S has enhanced autopilot, does that imply it has FSD?

I am looking into buying a used model S. What should I be looking for if I want FSD on the model S? What model years have this feature? If the model S has enhanced autopilot, does that imply it has FSD?

Oct 2016 and newer will have the capability for FSD according to Tesla. It is a $3k upgrade from EAP, and EAP means it has AP 2 hardware at a minimum. Note that MCU versions were updated sometime in late 2017 I think. To get all the features coming out in version 10 today, the car needs both AP2+ and MCU 2. Otherwise you don’t get Netflix and some of the games, etc.

So it depends on what you are wanting.

Reactions: TresLA
Oct 2016 and newer will have the capability for FSD according to Tesla. It is a $3k upgrade from EAP, and EAP means it has AP 2 hardware at a minimum. Note that MCU versions were updated sometime in late 2017 I think. To get all the features coming out in version 10 today, the car needs both AP2+ and MCU 2. Otherwise you don’t get Netflix and some of the games, etc.

So it depends on what you are wanting.
So, if I want version 10 to work with my model S...i would need what year model S?......with enhanced AP?

So, if I want version 10 to work with my model S...i would need what year model S?......with enhanced AP?

If you just want the “FSD” features such as Smart summon, you get that with any S Oct 2016 or later. If you want all of the entertainment/dash cam features including full Sentry mode, Netflix, Cuphead, Beach Buggy, and Caraoke, you need a 2018 or newer.