Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used RWD tires on AWD Performance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I really want to put my 19" Flow formed Konigs on my Performance, but they came off a RWD car.

They're Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 in 245/40ZR19. New spec is 10/32.

I took some readings of my current tires and this is what I've got. Looks like I need some new rears very soon. But all things aside... Would I be okay just buying two new ones with the AWD setup? Or do I need to replace all 4? Apparently because it's 2 independent motors, there's no need to replace all 4... Unless it's within a big difference, which if I recall is 4/32 difference?

Anyways, specs:
Front Left: 7-8
Front Right:7-8
Rear Left: 5
Rear Right: 6

Front Left: 7-8
Front Right:7-8
Rear Left: 3-4
Rear Right: 3-4

Don't worry about it, they should be fine. There's certainly no mechanical damage that will potentially be done if the fronts and rears don't match. Side-to-side might be a bit more of a problem, but even then, it would be miniscule.

Worst case is that the computer will notice the rotation difference between the front and rear and raise an issue. If it does, buy a couple tires.

My first 3 was LR RWD with 19" OEM rims, current is Stealth Performance ie it came with 18" aero rims/all season tires.. Swapped all 4 from LR to AWD, rims and all..

The reason to keep the tread depths similar front-to-back is for best control, especially on roads with compromised traction (rain and such).. Being in SoCal and no tires are bald should be just fine ;)

Wheel fitments aren't sorted by the 3 categories RWD, FWD, AWD. True, there are generic traits for offset that align with RWD and FWD but each vehicle has a specific range of offsets that will work. A RWD Model 3 has the same rear drive components as the AWD and Performance AWD. Whether the wheels you took off another vehicle fit your Tesla has nothing to do with it being AWD.