Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Tesla Bought (2019 for $36.8K)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, it was a too good of a deal to pass up. There were 2 other LRs with FSD and AB at the same price range but were too far from me. It was by far the lowest price I seen in last month I been on market from Tesla and any bye
64486FE5-7D3F-4B61-BC73-FA79C8AC58ED.jpeg

Reactions: cdub
My son just picked up the same deal (LR with 39k miles, FSD, AB, 19" wheels, MSM and black) for the same price. The car is in great shape with only one minor scratch on the front bumper. I have not seen anything like this recently from Tesla. Must have been a Monday morning special.
This is incredible. It definitely is LR AWD and the FSD software is permanently on the vehicle?

This is incredible. It definitely is LR AWD and the FSD software is permanently on the vehicle?
That’s incredible. Did it have an accident in its history do you know? I can get basically the same car but with 43k miles for $40k. I presume it saying FSD capability here definitely means the software is permanently on the car and not just capable?
Yep it is permanently on the car. No subscription needed and no accidents. Clean title and no accident history

Yep it is permanently on the car. No subscription needed and no accidents. Clean title and no accident history
Didn't see your OP until now, but usually low prices are a red flag for salvage/rebuilt title vehicles (and salvage/rebuilt title vehicles are banned from supercharging), but if it's being sold by Tesla that is less of a concern, as I'm not aware of Tesla ever selling a salvage title vehicle themselves.

I was able to pick up a used 2019 Tesla Model 3 LR w/ FSD and Acceleration Boost and 48K miles for 36.8K from Tesla

I was wondering if anyone is familiar with the used car buying process. I think the price is too good of a deal that it will be significantly damaged/used. Is the price indicative of the condition of the car? Any anecdotes about buying a nice car used from Tesla would help haha. Thanks!
I recently purchased what Tesla calls a CPO from Tesla in NC. 2020 M3LR Dual Motor with FSD and Performance Boost included. I traded a Corolla hybrid and received more than I paid for it. The car was almost flawless except for the usual used car issues like some minor road rash and a few tiny scratches, they did polish out. The experience was new to me but went extremely quick and easy, no issues. They extended the warranty as you are aware so we’ve got some time to work out any bugs should they arise. Also, it was priced at 44,500, I believe that to be a reasonable price for the car. 27,000 miles. I think that if you want to get into a Tesla quickly, pick one up from a Tesla SC on the website. Check the site a few times a day because they sell fast.

Attachments

• 682BAF05-6531-48B3-9ABB-255EDDF6F9BE.jpeg
    682BAF05-6531-48B3-9ABB-255EDDF6F9BE.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 50
  • 9BF6CA8D-260E-4A60-9CE4-F187B75094CD.jpeg
    9BF6CA8D-260E-4A60-9CE4-F187B75094CD.jpeg
    628 KB · Views: 47
Reactions: DocHolliday
Do you all think I should go for the deal I can get? $40k for 2019 AWD Model 3 with 43,000 miles. It has FSD and AB. It’s white with 18 inch wheels.
I think the average value for these cars are going for like 44-46K. Anything under 42.5K sells pretty quickly, so I would say that is a good deal.

Also, deal is subjective and depends on what you value the add ones as. If you do not care about AB and FSD, you are better off probably getting new (should be around 47.5K with new tax credit + 1.2K for delivery). I would say spending an extra 8-9K or 20% for a new car is worth it if you don’t value add ons. However, if you value the FSD+AB at like 6-10K, then you would be saving 30-40%, which is worth buying used.

What was the reason for the Decline?

i bought a 3 instead (of the CPO S, and my kid wouldn't sit in 3rd row) Also They didn't have AP enabled, and i told them i wouldn't take it w/o test driving it. It was a home delivery too and I felt bad for the guy. I'm sure they sold it pretty quick since it was only $40K

Just saw he car for the first time. It was in terrible condition. Clear coat scratches all over the car and a couple of paint scratches. Also, many scuffs and scratches on the interior and brake pads were low.
Only redeeming quality was that it had new tires
These were all out of spec of the used car limitations by Tesla.
Also, it was has 270 miles at full charge lol

Still trying to take delivery if they fix all these issues

• Informative
Reactions: cdub
Just saw he car for the first time. It was in terrible condition. Clear coat scratches all over the car and a couple of paint scratches. Also, many scuffs and scratches on the interior and brake pads were low.
Only redeeming quality was that it had new tires
These were all out of spec of the used car limitations by Tesla.
Also, it was has 270 miles at full charge lol

Still trying to take delivery if they fix all these issues

You paid like 10k under market value and normal wear and tear for the mileage is off putting for you?

Just buy new and call it a day.

It wasn’t normal wear and tear.

Tesla has guidelines of scratches of up to 4 inches
Interior scratches and scuffs of up to 1 inch

They did not deliver on its end and the expectation they set forth. As a result, they are responsible for fixing these issues.

I didn’t mention some dings on the car because they were under the 2 inch guideline Tesla has stated. I am fine with issues as long as they are under the spec

It wasn’t normal wear and tear.

Tesla has guidelines of scratches of up to 4 inches
Interior scratches and scuffs of up to 1 inch

They did not deliver on its end and the expectation they set forth. As a result, they are responsible for fixing these issues.

I didn’t mention some dings on the car because they were under the 2 inch guideline Tesla has stated. I am fine with issues as long as they are under the spec

Someone else will be happy to take it, just decline and buy a different car.