Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Vehicle Software Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Team! I just bought a 2021 Model Y from Tesla.com, however there was nobody around for me to ask questions when I took delivery, and nobody reached out via the app or text messages like others have suggested for me to ask questions...

My main question is about the vehicle software. Everything says my software is up to date, including the FSD software that is installed, but I know there are many new versions of the software out there already in circulation...

Current Software: v11.1 (2024.8.4) - Released: 3/15/2024
Current FSD: v11.4.9 - Released: 3/12/2024

I tried calling a service center and they told me everything is up to date on my car.

I know everyone says that for NEW vehicles it takes a couple of months for the updates to get pushed out, but this is a used vehicle that's been in circulation, shouldn't it already be up to date and in rotation for software updates? 🤐

Hi Team! I just bought a 2021 Model Y from Tesla.com, however there was nobody around for me to ask questions when I took delivery, and nobody reached out via the app or text messages like others have suggested for me to ask questions...

My main question is about the vehicle software. Everything says my software is up to date, including the FSD software that is installed, but I know there are many new versions of the software out there already in circulation...

Current Software: v11.1 (2024.8.4) - Released: 3/15/2024
Current FSD: v11.4.9 - Released: 3/12/2024

I tried calling a service center and they told me everything is up to date on my car.

I know everyone says that for NEW vehicles it takes a couple of months for the updates to get pushed out, but this is a used vehicle that's been in circulation, shouldn't it already be up to date and in rotation for software updates? 🤐

Not necessarily. Sometimes previous owners dont update them, and sometimes they just havent triggered updates. You bought it from Tesla, but that doesnt change you might need to wait for updates for a bit to get triggered.

So, everything you read about "new" vehicles just applies to "vehicles" as it pertains to updates, with the additional factor that FSD enabled vehicles get far fewer updates.

Not necessarily. Sometimes previous owners dont update them, and sometimes they just havent triggered updates. You bought it from Tesla, but that doesnt change you might need to wait for updates for a bit to get triggered.

So, everything you read about "new" vehicles just applies to "vehicles" as it pertains to updates, with the additional factor that FSD enabled vehicles get far fewer updates.

Awesome!! Thank you for the information!

Does regular software and FSD software get bundled together? Or is it separate updates?

Awesome!! Thank you for the information!

Does regular software and FSD software get bundled together? Or is it separate updates?

It comes in one update. People who study this a lot more than me could tell you which software versions include what version of FSD, etc, but a popular website for software information is:

No affiliation with TMC, and I am not providing this link as a mod here, just as a user who has found their information on software updates useful over time.