Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used vehicle warranty (from Tesla) - 6 months?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a used vehicle from Tesla last year. Less than 50k and less than 4 years old. The used vehicle warranty says that you'd get 4 years or 50k miles from date of delivery.

Today I have a service appointment and they are telling me my warranty expired 2 months ago... and that I was only getting 6 months warranty. This is the general warranty and NOT the battery/drive train.

What happened? Nobody at Tesla seems to be able to fix this and are throwing it back at the service center.

Before I consider further action outside of dealing with Tesla anyone else had this issue, and how did you get it resolved?

I would have never bought this car if I had known the warranty was so short. I was told 4 years from the time I started shopping and on the website all used ones from tesla come with 4 years/50k warranty (or 2 years/100k).

Service center confirmed there is a "discrepancy" and told me they would fix the warranty to be 4 years 50k. They said it would take 5 days. In the meantime I don't have any service needs so I'm good. Mobile tech phoned in and got a "goodwill" this time around... but in reality I do have warranty, so this should be fixed.

The good news is the really major stuff is clearly cut and dry - drive units and battery are 8 years/unlimited. Already had one HV battery replaced under warranty. I plan to sell the car or trade it before that expires.

The bad news is that some critical parts like MCU and screen are under the regular warranty... I keep my car mostly in cool places (garages) but I am paranoid about that.

The same thing happened to me. I couldn't get any paperwork regarding my warranty and when I finally did it showed that it expired next year ( I bought mine in April of this year). It took a couple of days but I finally got an email saying that it was a mistake and my limited warranty expires in 2023.