Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used X Plaid or New Model X LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just installed Matrix lights on my 2023 Plaid that did not have them originally. Cost was about $1,000. Amazing upgrade but can be done on refresh cars that do not have them.
Did you steal them? The stock headlamps are $2600 each. You must have done the labor like I did with my Alpharex LUX headlights which cost $1800 for a pair, most people on here think a Torx screwdriver is a drink.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: MitchMitch
Honestly, I've owned several EVs, and even the Volt, which accelerates from 0 to 60 mph in 8 seconds, doesn't reach 20,000 miles on tires rated for 50,000 miles. Additionally, many people purchasing a $70k vehicle don't anticipate frequent tire replacements. I believe the cost isn't the issue.
Wow

I’m barely on my 3rd set of tires for my 2017 model S 90D with over 116k miles (purchased at around 90k miles and tread still looks very good). I went through my first set kinda quick due to quick starts but mellowed out since then. Now have cross climate 2 and this is even for winters driving.

Did you steal them? The stock headlamps are $2600 each. You must have done the labor like I did with my Alpharex LUX headlights which cost $1800 for a pair, most people on here think a Torx screwdriver is a drink.

Offer him $900 and he will accept it. Also requires a $100 adapter also bought on ebay.

Really?

I’m barely on my 3rd set of tires for my 2017 model S 90D with over 116k miles. I went through my first set kinda quick due to quick starts but mellowed out since then. Now have cross climate 2 and this is even for winters driving.
Ditto. I’m at 148K and I believe I’m on my 4th set. I also got better quality tires over time running on Pirelli P Zero ELECT All Season Plus

Reactions: SO16
I love my X, but I have the 6-seater X and I don't like that configuration, mostly because it doesn't fold down for cargo. And none of the 4 seats in 2nd and 3rd row are very comfortable, they don't recline enough. I would go with the brand new X to get the 5 seater, longer warranty, and no weird surprises that a used one might have (flooded, repaired, etc). The Raven Long Range X is not quick enough for me, but the 2022 X Long Range is VERY quick, even above 60mph.