Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

User interface

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Attached. I am getting 3 dots ... on the interface any ideas? Also i am having issues with auto lane change working sometimes and sometimes it doesnt work at all. Please help.

Attachments

• 20181004_170610.jpg
    20181004_170610.jpg
    425.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 20181004_170610.jpg
    20181004_170610.jpg
    425.3 KB · Views: 47
that's your energy usage bar.

when you step on the accelerator it goes gray towards the right from the middle.

when you brake or if you have regenerative braking set to aggressive, it goes green and goes to the left

now of course if you have a high SOC on your battery, like more than 95%, obviously you cannot regen your battery more than it can handle at that percent, so the dots are there as "stop" placeholders to show that regen is limited.

as you drive and bring the battery level down, those dots will go to the left and disappear

Reactions: RTPEV
As for your lane change working & not working, can you elaborate on this? Is this on the same stretch of road or different roads?

Auto lane change only works on limited access highways (at least that's my experience). Even though you may be on a road with a median and multiple lanes, but one that at grade intersections, auto lane change will not be available.

So if you are on a limited access highway (with on/off ramps), the limitation is that the car has to be able to "see" the adjacent lanes. This will be evident to you by seeing gray lane markings showing the lane to the left (or right) of your current lane. When those are present, auto lane change is possible. If it's not showing them, it won't be. Maybe the lane markings aren't visible, or you haven't given the car enough time to "see" them (my experience is that it takes a little while after you've entered the highway for the lanes to be recognized for example).