TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Using Model S/X pack intact as home/commercial storage

Discussion in 'Battery Discussion' started by SeminoleFSU, Aug 19, 2017.

1. SeminoleFSU

SeminoleFSU Voluntaryist

Hello,
    I'm searching the forums and I'm curious if anyone has made any progress in the area of stationary battery storage leveraging a Model S/X pack as is? I remember Jason Hughes exploring this possibility briefly before realizing it wasn't feasible... If I recall this was mostly because of the pack voltage (400v) and not many inverters supporting a pack that high... So it needed to be broken down. I'm just curious if any advancements have been made in this area because it seems very interesting to me using the pack as is (even leveraging the coolant system lines if needed)... Anyone care to school me on this? Have we gotten any closer? Why/why not? Will it never be a good idea or will it become more likely in the future... Forgive me if there's already a thread on this subject, I couldn't find one on this exact topic.

2. Skysurfer

Skysurfer Member

I believe Jack Richards and the EVTV team have been tossing this idea around. Not sure what the current progress is but the last update I have seen: Selfishly Solar - EVTV Motor Verks

• Informative x 1