Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using the SolarEdge App, how to tell if you have as bad optimizer, Panels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree the data is very low cost, and really should be part of standard practice. The issue is that now the customers would see every down panel, and Tesla neither promises a yearly generation, nor gets paid more for your generation. The only reason Tesla have to alert the customer then make these repairs, assuming the customer doesn't realize anything is broken as a goodwill gesture.

As it stands, Tesla is happy to let sleeping dogs lie.
Yes, but doesn't the customer needs to know that there is a component failure in the system that is under somebody's warranty? And, the customer is restricted from knowing?

Reactions: Vines
Yes, but doesn't the customer needs to know that there is a component failure in the system that is under somebody's warranty? And, the customer is restricted from knowing?
I totally agree the customer should be alerted so a fix can be made. I just see Tesla shooting from the hip a lot. When there are basically no consequences, they have no reason to change, even when it's the right thing to do.

Likely a buyer saved so much money going through Tesla the loss in production is a drop in the bucket, and overall the customer is ahead in the sense of the dollars. However, customers hate being reduced to commodities only to be dealt with rather than taken care of.

All the customer's time is another matter though, and certainly valuable.

If you have the none display type SE inverters you can use an app called "setapp". It's the installers app to commission and diagnose problems with your inverter and/or optimizers.
Thank you so much for that info! Tesla flat out refuses to connect my inverter data to SolarEdge, so this is the only way I've found to find out if any of my panels or inverters goes bad.

#SometimesTeslaReallySucks