Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 32.11.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why 2.4? The Model 3 is perfectly capable of 5GHz connectivity. That's how mine connects.

View attachment 461868
Info about using 2.4ghz came from a Tesla Moblie tech and was posted in this forum, just got my notice to download.

58BB7F65-C008-4370-85C5-A4D81763C9C7.jpeg

I've had the update pending for a couple of days now, but it was glitching trying to connect to my wifi so it wouldn't install. Just a bit ago, out of the blue, I got the alert on my phone that it's ready to install; now 80% complete.

I had that exactly, and there’s even a thread here about it. Your download is stuck. On your app, schedule a service appointment for “Software Update” and in the blurb say that your download is stuck. Go ahead and schedule a time and place as prompted. When I did this, within a day Tesla texted me that they unstuck me, and initiated a new download. Worked! Then cancel your appointment.
Mine was stuck and just now un-stuck itself and installed, I never did get around to scheduling the service appointment. Maybe Tesla realized they needed to re-send or somehow unstick folks? Anyway, I'm good for now...

Reactions: CharleyBC
Info about using 2.4ghz came from a Tesla Moblie tech and was posted in this forum, just got my notice to download.

As the old saying goes.... "Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see."

I suspect that guy was blowing smoke. Or, it fixed one customer's issue so now he treats it as gospel.

There is *some* validity to it as 2.4GHz has better wall penetration but that doesn't mean 5GHz doesn't work... It works, and works well. In my case, significantly faster, too. All of my "high speed" devices are on 5GHz. The only things on my 2.4GHz network are IoT-type devices that can't do 5GHz.

PS -- enjoy V10! Some great stuff in here. I've been loving having Spotify!

Just got the update.

Alas, Caraoke isn't working for me. Nothing happens when I click on the songs-- no music, no lyrics. And the song listing seems incomplete-- there's a spinning wheel that goes on forever. Is the server down? I tried rebooting and that didn't help.

Any suggestion on how to fix this?