Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v7.1 Feature MISSING?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It closes after you leave, but only if you open it using the Homelink button in your vehicle. That is, you can't open the garage door with the wall button, then expect the car to close it. You have to get in the car, open it, and then after backing out it should work.

I open the garage door from the wall button (otherwise I can't get around to the driverside of the car :)), and it auto closes when I get to the spot on the driveway where I set the homelink position.

Did you reset the homelink position after updating. It may be necessary fore the auto close to work.

My vehicle exhibits the same behavior as ohmman's. If I open the garage before entering the car, auto-close never activates. I must open the garage using the vehicle control, only then does it auto-close.

My vehicle exhibits the same behavior as ohmman's. If I open the garage before entering the car, auto-close never activates. I must open the garage using the vehicle control, only then does it auto-close.

+1 for me as well. I found that I had to open the door from the car before the car would auto-close it when I backed out. It'd certainly be much nicer if I could hit the button on the wall and then still have the car close it on the way out, it's not like the car doesn't know where it is and that it's in reverse. I hope this is something that's addressed in a future update otherwise, the auto-close I won't use very often. The auto-open though, absolutely...

Jeff

+1 for me as well. I found that I had to open the door from the car before the car would auto-close it when I backed out. It'd certainly be much nicer if I could hit the button on the wall and then still have the car close it on the way out, it's not like the car doesn't know where it is and that it's in reverse.

Well... as it turns out, my wife left today using the wall button and it worked. Then I left later, used the car opener and it didn't. It has auto-opened properly every time, so I think the auto-close location should be fine. It may not be as simple as "use it from the car" to make it work after all.

So, if I'm reading things clearly one must have the AP feature enabled to have access to homelink??

No. I have a pre-AP classic MS and I use the feature for my gate and garage.