TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

V8.0 - Automatic braking will now amplify user braking in emergencies

Discussion in 'Model S' started by thegruf, Sep 11, 2016.

1. thegruf

thegruf Member

I assume this is to avoid the situation where AEB is triggered, but the driver touches the brake pedal without braking hard and de-activates it again, as seems to have occured in a couple of accidents reported.

Possibly also the enhanced utlisation of the radar in V8 allows for more reliable data on which AEB triggers.

Sounds like a positive improvement.

2. number12

number12 Member

Worth a whole thread.. probably not.

3. bradhs

bradhs Member

Our existing BMW does this (& so did the last few since 2006) and I've experienced it many times. It's an awesome feature because, if it detects a probability of collision it will prime the brakes so that just taping them is a high degree of braking force. Saved my arse so many times!

4. S4WRXTTCS

S4WRXTTCS Active Member

We really need a V8 thread because stuff is in a bunch of different threads.

5. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

I had an experience that I wrote Tesla about where this would have been great. I had no problem in the end. But it I would have preferred the car to amplify my braking rather than just yelling at me that there was an issue. So I am looking forward to it.