Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v9 2019.8.5.3aaa23d issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took your advice and reported it to Tesla SC - they came back to me within the day and said it was a known issue and that they would apply a fix over the air in 24-28 hours, which was impressive. 4 days later and it was still an issue so I rang them back and they said diagnostics were still looking at it and that they hadn't determined the problem yet. Less impressive....

I had a screen freeze today and had to reboot and lost all my settings AGAIN!

That sucks, but you may need to clarify your unique problem to them (again). There were 2 problems with mine: 1) The infotainment would reboot randomly. That was a known issue that was fixed OTA for everyone. 2) *Your* car is having the issue of losing user settings/LTE. According to my tech, that was specific to the file structure in my car that needed to be repaired.

That sucks, but you may need to clarify your unique problem to them (again). There were 2 problems with mine: 1) The infotainment would reboot randomly. That was a known issue that was fixed OTA for everyone. 2) *Your* car is having the issue of losing user settings/LTE. According to my tech, that was specific to the file structure in my car that needed to be repaired.
I emailed the SC today and .... still no reply. I'll give them a call tomorrow.

I have this exact same problem this week.

Long story is that I have a perfect working MCU until 3 weeks after buying the car, when Tesla associated the car with my account, and told me to do a factory reset to remove previous owners personal data (gps history etc)

This was the night after 2019.12.1.1 firmware update was applied.

Since then:

1) Pressing both scroll wheels for a soft reboot, does a soft reboot, then crashes 3 times, and results in a Factory Reset
2) Factory reset in 1 above also removes the APN for the LTE fo my EU model car (non-usa) resulting in no LTE/3G/Internet
3) Phone call to Tesla gets LTE back up and running, but only if the car can be put on wifi for them to "zap" (their words) the car with the LTE Settings for EU
4) Factory reset also (obviously) removes all my settings, data, profiles, homelinks
5) Car thinks its in Palo Alto, until step 3 above is completed, and after driving approx 5 miles and leaving the car to "rest" a few hours, on the next drive GPS is fine again.
6) Cannot browse the internet with the web browser when on 3G/LTE
7) The image in the mobile app is now pre-facelife Model S and not the post-facelift model S like my car - this changed after the reset.

After multiple first line calls to support, and being told Tier 2 and above only work office hours, now I have been asked to park in the public parking (that costs £££) so they can "take a look sometime in the next few days" (As I normally park in a basement parking with no LTE/3G/Wifi)

Today, I called to chase, and was told this is now a "known issue with this firmware" but given no indication on when it will be fixed or addressed. Apparently they might be able to do something before the next firmware is released,, but first line support seemed to be making stuff up as he said the technicians would know more...

They keep asking me if I want to go to a service center. There are none on my island, so a service center is 2 overnight ferries, 2 hotels, 4 days away from home and 100s of miles of driving ....

Oh and now I have the yellow band of death around the display too... but apparently they refuse to replace that until the new units are designed and delivered at the end of the year.

Not a good first experience with Tesla :-(

I have this exact same problem this week.

Long story is that I have a perfect working MCU until 3 weeks after buying the car, when Tesla associated the car with my account, and told me to do a factory reset to remove previous owners personal data (gps history etc)

This was the night after 2019.12.1.1 firmware update was applied.

Since then:

1) Pressing both scroll wheels for a soft reboot, does a soft reboot, then crashes 3 times, and results in a Factory Reset
2) Factory reset in 1 above also removes the APN for the LTE fo my EU model car (non-usa) resulting in no LTE/3G/Internet
3) Phone call to Tesla gets LTE back up and running, but only if the car can be put on wifi for them to "zap" (their words) the car with the LTE Settings for EU
4) Factory reset also (obviously) removes all my settings, data, profiles, homelinks
5) Car thinks its in Palo Alto, until step 3 above is completed, and after driving approx 5 miles and leaving the car to "rest" a few hours, on the next drive GPS is fine again.
6) Cannot browse the internet with the web browser when on 3G/LTE
7) The image in the mobile app is now pre-facelife Model S and not the post-facelift model S like my car - this changed after the reset.

After multiple first line calls to support, and being told Tier 2 and above only work office hours, now I have been asked to park in the public parking (that costs £££) so they can "take a look sometime in the next few days" (As I normally park in a basement parking with no LTE/3G/Wifi)

Today, I called to chase, and was told this is now a "known issue with this firmware" but given no indication on when it will be fixed or addressed. Apparently they might be able to do something before the next firmware is released,, but first line support seemed to be making stuff up as he said the technicians would know more...

They keep asking me if I want to go to a service center. There are none on my island, so a service center is 2 overnight ferries, 2 hotels, 4 days away from home and 100s of miles of driving ....

Oh and now I have the yellow band of death around the display too... but apparently they refuse to replace that until the new units are designed and delivered at the end of the year.

Not a good first experience with Tesla :-(
I feel your pain. They still a haven't fixed mine - the third time I rang, they said they had applied a fix, but it obviously hasn't worked.

I used to live in Jersey - I love it there! I'm guessing the public charging situ isn't that great there, but the island is so small, it's the perfect size for an EV and charge at home.

I'm not sure what is going on, but my s100d has completely flaked out. I didn't receive a notification for an update, but I guess it tried to take one. Now, LTE doesn't work, all of my personal user data is gone, and the car thinks it's in Palo Alto.

I've soft and hard reset the car to no avail.

Anyone having similar issues?
Hi i have the same or similar issue on model X 2017 with the same software. i tried to do a factory reset it made it worse now all my custom settings are gone as well as well as i had to enable remote access again and auto pilot and navigate on autopilot became unavailable, pin to drive was gone as well, speed limit control gone as well, etc. basically all controls and settings were gone... hope to solve it tomorrow with the service center i guess

False not unique as i have the same issue on model X 2017 with the same software. i tried to do a factory reset it made it worse now all my custom settings are gone as well as well as i had to enable remote access again and auto pilot and navigate on autopilot became unavailable, pin to drive was gone as well, speed limit control gone as well, etc. basically all controls and settings were gone... hope to solve it tomorrow with the service center i guess