Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v9 and reduced regen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SSonnentag

埃隆•馬斯克
Apr 11, 2017
Arizona
I've had v9 for a few days now, and I've noticed that I'm getting reduced regen under some strange circumstances. Granted, I have limited data so far, but twice now (out of two drives) I've left home with a 72-74% charge, outdoor temperature in the 60s, and started my drive down an 8-mile-long grade. When I leave the house and start down the grade I have full regen. At about halfway down the grade, I have added 1% to the battery, and about the same time (not related to the 1%) I get reduced regen. I normally drive about 15 miles and stop at a convenience store for drinks. Once I get back in the car, I have full regen again.

I don't recall getting reduced regen AFTER driving before the update to v9. I've had it on cold mornings last winter, but it starts out with reduced regen, not as an afterthought.

Any ideas or similar findings?

… I've noticed that I'm getting reduced regen under some strange circumstances. Granted, I have limited data so far, but twice now (out of two drives) I've left home with a 72-74% charge, outdoor temperature in the 60s, and started my drive down an 8-mile-long grade.
Any ideas or similar findings?
Winter is coming.

Was your car parked outside and/or is your garage not heated? Odds are it's just the impact of "cold soaking" before that first drive.

It shows the amber hash marks and an exclamation point indicating reduced regen, and regen was indeed limited to around 40 kW in both instances.
I seem to notice the same thing right after updating to v9.0 software. Looks like the car needs sometimes to calibrate or something for this update because the regen became normal after about 30 mins of driving.

Even before version 9 I’ve notice gradual reduction in the regen of my 2015 MS85D. Funny thing is I never liked the regen when I purchased the car but now I notice even when it stops late by two feet. Why is Tesla doing this? Are they trying to make money from brake pads? Lol. I believe they should add another option under regen for those of us that prefer it to be stronger.