Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v9 Dashcam thumb drive folder name

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's the best way to get source files? I typically use Spotify to stream because quality is better than slacker. The sound system in the model 3 is good, but the quality of the streaming is poor so I think I'm ready to go the USB route. Just don't know how to get started.

I am using the port up front by 12V plug. I have FAT32 format and TeslaCam folder. I see USB pop up on the bottom status bar, but no camera icon. I am on v9 with APK2.5. What am I doing wrong?

Maybe it's using the flash drive for music/audio? I partitioned my flash drive in Linux using GParted. (Windows may not be able to see the second partition.) Mine recorded just fine while playing USB music. However, when I got back in the car, the icon had a gray "x" next to it, which means it stopped recording. I formatted that partition and recreated the TeslaCam folder and it's working again.

I swear I saw it on here when the dashcam news broke, but I can't seem to find what to name the folder on the thumb drive for the dashcam recording. Anyone? Thanks!
When you forget (again, if you're like me), it's in the release notes (Tap the T, link in the bottom left next to the firmware version).

Hopefully they'll update the (online) Owner's Manual soon (they haven't yet for Illyria, even though she has v9 installed).

Reactions: TheLocNar
I just tested out the Dashcam feature and all of my recorded files says it was created "Tomorrow 4am" and so on. Anyone with this issue? They should include a time stamp of some sort.

Noticed it earlier as well. They should have an option to display the time stamp in the video. They should also increase the number of hours before the videos are being recycled. It’s a start.

Hopefully they'll update the (online) Owner's Manual soon (they haven't yet for Illyria, even though she has v9 installed).

Yeah! I have the owner's manual on my computer, for reference when I'm at home. I wanted to read what it said about the dashcam, and it was not there, even though I downloaded it again after installing v9. I had to go out to the car and read it there. I thought the manual on my car's page on the web site should have the current version. But no. It's a nuisance to have to go out to the car to refer to the manual.

Yeah! I have the owner's manual on my computer, for reference when I'm at home. I wanted to read what it said about the dashcam, and it was not there, even though I downloaded it again after installing v9. I had to go out to the car and read it there. I thought the manual on my car's page on the web site should have the current version. But no. It's a nuisance to have to go out to the car to refer to the manual.
I think it is because of a lot of cars still have the old software version.

another question about dashcam. So if i put "TeslaCam" on my usb, the car starts dashcam app alright, but stops recognizing the drive as a music device. If i remove the camera folder, it is back in the media list. So it is not possible to use dashcam and play music off the same usb then?

if no, is it even possible to have both with two different usb drives then?

another question about dashcam. So if i put "TeslaCam" on my usb, the car starts dashcam app alright, but stops recognizing the drive as a music device. If i remove the camera folder, it is back in the media list. So it is not possible to use dashcam and play music off the same usb then?

if no, is it even possible to have both with two different usb drives then?

Yes. Or, create two partitions on the same drive and put the TelsaCam folder on one of them.

• Informative
Reactions: dlieu