Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V9: where is rear heated seats and heated steering wheel?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was browsing the new V9 2018.39.6 and for the life of me, I can’t find controls for cold weather package. Aside from the front heated seats and front/rear defroster that are always on the bottom with climate controls, I can’t find the old ‘cold weather’ tab anywhere. Where did Tesla move it?

Reactions: MrShakeHands
Unfortunately, putting the heated steering wheel button inside the climate control screen means that you must turn on the climate control to access the heated steering wheel. I often drive with climate control turned off and the heated steering wheel and heated seat turned on. With V9, this is much harder to do.

Press fan button (climate turns on), select heated seat sub screen, turn on heated steering wheel, select main climate screen again, then press the off button to turn climate back off.

Way too many steps just to turn on the heated steering. Just put a gosh darn button for the steering wheel that is permanent.

Unfortunately, putting the heated steering wheel button inside the climate control screen means that you must turn on the climate control to access the heated steering wheel. I often drive with climate control turned off and the heated steering wheel and heated seat turned on. With V9, this is much harder to do.

Press fan button (climate turns on), select heated seat sub screen, turn on heated steering wheel, select main climate screen again, then press the off button to turn climate back off.

Way too many steps just to turn on the heated steering. Just put a gosh darn button for the steering wheel that is permanent.

This. I'm actually a fan of V9 but the climate controls in this new version are a bit of a kluge.

It's a horrible mess, it now takes 4 clicks to do what we use to do in 2 AND you need to engage the heat to just turn on the steering wheel or heat eaters, why not put it back with the car controls like the sunroom where it use to be :oops::mad:, according to Tesla we should be paying attention to the road, thats kinda hard when you need to go look for what's the next button I need to click now... UGH!

No kidding. They just need to add a pop-up toggle for the steering wheel when the driver touches the heat controls for the driver seat. So ****ing easy. Two quick taps in the same vicinity. GAH.

i was thinking if they could move the pop up window for the heaters to be on the degree numbers, it would be a lot better. Currently there is an up arrow and down arrow to change the temperature. But if you press the number itself, nothing happens. If they moved to the pop up to that, it would remove the multiple steps that turns on hvac, select the heater then turn hvac back off.

Thank you for posting! I was having the same issue. I don’t know if anyone tried looking for the answer to this question with the owners manual and had the same experience I had, which was very disappointing. It seemed like the manual has not been updated and incomplete?

Update 9 is such a disappointment. I had my Model X for over 2 years now and the immediate prior version was just good and have gotten used to it so much. Plus I did not see any new fuctionality in version 9 - mine is a AP1. So the questions, is version 9 update is just to mess up a great and fuctional UI ? why update when actually there isn't much difference or added new functionality - seems ridiculous just to get a new and stupid layout of buttons.