Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vacations Parked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am leaving the car in the garage for 3 weeks - I am leaving it plugged to wall charger (220v), at 75 % battery limit (to assure car has charge even if electricity stops) and at 30 A max (to have charge less aggressive when needed) - Thoughts ?

I would like to know pro's and con's too. I just left mine in garage for 2 weeks while out of country on 110 power with sentry mode on. keeping the charge at 80% so basically it charges in early morning the 10 miles it burns on sentry mode per day. I don't know the difference in cost (and don't care) between 110 and 220 but in my mind a slower charge rate might be safer if nobody home. who knows.

Upvote 0
I left on 11/18 with ~ a 240 mile charge on my S - I left it unplugged. When I returned home on 12/12 I had ~ 170 miles remaining. I do have sentry mode off when it's at home in the garage. I've plugged it in on similar trips in the past and it will top up the charge once in a while - you'll be fine either way if sentry mode, preconditioning, overheat protection, etc is turned off.

Upvote 0