Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Valet Mode and Walk Away Lock

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since 2021.30 I started having issues with Valet Mode. Prior to 2021.30 my car (2020 M3LR) would not lock when I walked away if the car was in Valet Mode. Since 2021.30 the Valets have been chasing after me because the key gets locked in the car. I now have to leave the key under the wiper instead of the cup holder. Has tesla changed the way Valet Mode works or was I unconsciously doing something that stopped walk away lock in Valet Mode?

Is it possible for owners to modify the Valet Profile to disable Walk Away Lock?

Anyone else having issues with phone key range? My Samsung seems to have a very strong Bluetooth signal. I need to walk at more than 50 feet from the car for it to lock and in some cases its hard to hear the lock confirmation. If Tesla is hiding in the shadows of this board it would be helpful if you allowed owners to tweak the RSSI value for each phone key to tweak the phone key range.

There’s nothing in the current or previous manual about walk away door locking being disabled for Valet Mode. The manual does say that if your phone key remains in range for 5 minutes after leaving the car, walk away door locking is disabled, so if the valet parked your car near you, that would prevent it from locking.

I guess the 5 minute rule is possible. The lot I use most often is slow and I am often unloading equipment so maybe the 5 minute rule kicked in. I guess the other option is they got in before I got far enough away for it to lock. Could just be lucky timing. Thank you for the info.