Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Value of my car? Tesla 70D 2015 (19K miles)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying to figure out how much to list my car for sale. Any help would be appreciated since this is my first time trying this. Was debating with going autotrader/eBay once I can figure out what price to list it for. All those dealeroffers or trade-in are awful.

2015 70D kWh Model S
19K miles
Dual Motor All Wheel Drive
Obsidian Black Metallic Paint
Body Color Roof
19" cyclone Wheels - Michelin primacy upgrade
Black Next Generation Seats
Piano black Décor
Supercharger Enabled
Autopilot
Smart suspension
Sub zero
Lighting w/fog
Mobile Charger
Center console

Just out of curiosity why are you selling? Especially since you put close to 20K miles on it within the first year.

You're selling at pretty much at the worst depreciation point. Plus the new 60D is some significant competition, and is going to force you to sell lower. Not to mention the $7500 tax rebate you essentially have to completely wipe out.

I also have a 2015 70D that I put 20K miles on in the first year. But, I love the car and can't imagine selling it. In fact my only hard decision is whether i should just not worry about putting miles on it or to try to rein it in to stick within the resell guarantee quota. Part of me thinks I'll have to really rely on that when I get a Model 3 in a couple years.

Just out of curiosity why are you selling? Especially since you put close to 20K miles on it within the first year.

You're selling at pretty much at the worst depreciation point. Plus the new 60D is some significant competition, and is going to force you to sell lower. Not to mention the $7500 tax rebate you essentially have to completely wipe out.

I also have a 2015 70D that I put 20K miles on in the first year. But, I love the car and can't imagine selling it. In fact my only hard decision is whether i should just not worry about putting miles on it or to try to rein it in to stick within the resell guarantee quota. Part of me thinks I'll have to really rely on that when I get a Model 3 in a couple years.

Unexpected life issues. Was planning on saving it for 8 yrs but that's not looking like it now. I would love to get another one but it'll probably not be anytime soon.

Wish you had pano (and even regular black to offset the cost) and I'd be making you a real offer.

I'd suggest purchasing the extended warranty to include in the sale and give new buyers incentive that the car is better on the warranty end than competition.

With that my guesstimate:
$60k as is
$64k with extended warranty

If any of you that came up with numbers would be willing to share ideas on how you price out a used Tesla, please share on this thread: Guide to Determining Price/Value of a Used Tesla For Buyers & Sellers
Mid $60Ks, perhaps?

For reference...two months ago another 2015 70D with AP and 17K miles sold for $65K. No reserve sale.

I would guess somewhere between 60 - 65k.

With that my guesstimate:
$60k as is
$64k with extended warranty

I'd say anywhere between $60,000 - $65,000.