Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vampire drain on 2018.32.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On previous firmware I consistently had a loss of about 1.2 % per 24 hours measured numerous times with 60 hours or more from my car sitting in my very hot Austin, Texas garage. Last week my car updated to 2018.32.2 last and since I was going to be out of town I charged to 90% and started a new vampire drain test. Over 110 hour period with the car sitting in my garage I lost only 3%. This equates to about .66 % per 24 hours which I think is excellent. I will repeat the test when I can but I am wondering if others are also seeing this improvement in vampire drain.

I don't think it's lack of vampire loss as much as them playing games with the battery readout. I've been noticing strange things since 28.5. I'm currently on 32.2.
Monday morning, after charging to 72% overnight, the meter stayed at 72% for almost 15 miles on the way to work. Other days I've arrived home at 48% at 6pm. I check the app around 12 AM before bed, and it has climbed to 50% with no charging.
So I'm not sure if vampire loss is any more or less, but the strange meter increases could be covering it up, especially over a short period of 60 hours.

I don't think it's lack of vampire loss as much as them playing games with the battery readout. I've been noticing strange things since 28.5. I'm currently on 32.2.
Monday morning, after charging to 72% overnight, the meter stayed at 72% for almost 15 miles on the way to work. Other days I've arrived home at 48% at 6pm. I check the app around 12 AM before bed, and it has climbed to 50% with no charging.
So I'm not sure if vampire loss is any more or less, but the strange meter increases could be covering it up, especially over a short period of 60 hours.
Well maybe that's what is going on, we'll see. I will rerun the test.