Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vampire Drain question.....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So....I RTFM and it says keep the M3 plugged in and the on-board electronics will do their thing using draw from the charge cord. I ran a test and charged up my Model 3. First I charged it to 100% (just wanted to see how far it would go) Charged to 309 miles range. I left it plugged in no climate control, no video camera, etc. I turned off everything I could in the car. It drained the battery about 1-1.5 miles per hour over the next few hours. By 4 hours later it showed 302 miles range. Took a trip out to dinner and some other errands and returned home at 209 miles range. Plugged it in and set it to 80%. It charged to 250 miles overnight. Left it plugged in and now 3 hours after it completed the charge it shows 246 miles. Any thoughts?

I believe as long as it is plugged in it cycles off and on charging. It is very noticeable if you use the Tesla wall charger since it clicks off when the car is done charging. When checking via phone I see it going down slowly then it suddenly will go back up.