Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Personally, I'd suggest calling and playing dumb (I come by it honestly). I called "because my sales guy said the appointment isn't confirmed until someone calls me, and I haven't heard from anyone and need to make pickup arrangements".

It sounds like getting through these days is like winning the lottery though.

:cool: As @9-Volt suggested, this is the best way to keep things moving! (If and only if you can manage to talk to someone before the call gets auto disconnected).

I tried calling them on my way to work and the Canadian delivery option auto hangs up and then the US delivery team is only available from Tuesday to Thursday! yay!!:(

Instead, I decided to call my new OA from Toronto and to my surprise she answered my call instantly. She was able to confirm that my car is indeed in Vancouver (double yay!! :D) and then she gave me my delivery date and time (which is the same as my tentative date). +1000 for Cathy from Tesla Toronto :).

On the side note, my trade-in had a lien on it and this took quite some time on their end to clear it out. I was told that my MVPA should be available on my Tesla account sometime tomorrow or after my delivery.

I just picked up my pearl white M3 this morning! My appointment was at 10:00 am and long story short, it went buttery smooth! Did the paperwork and went down to check for misalignments and the paint job. No serious gap issues, all 4 doors closes properly, no bad paint jobs (at least until I do my first car wash). I got out of the dealership in 50 mins. Lastly, the staff were friendly and helpful but also remember to be kind and empathetic to them. I was talking to one staff and she explained to me that they're pushing 80 cars per day and working 10+ hours! So overall, my personal experience with Tesla was great! Best of luck to rest of you!

Reactions: Wyman and nagendra
Got a call from Vegas confirming my appointment date and time for tomorrow @3:30 pm.

I requested the Tesla agent on the call to update the final contract on my Tesla account and also to send me an email confirming the appointment and other things that I might need to bring or be prepared before coming in.

:cool:

I have never received a call or text from Tesla. I phoned the toll-free number on Monday. They changed my delivery time for June 14 from 3:30 p.m. to noon. I asked whether I would hear from someone at Tesla before then. They said it was unlikely. I should just show up then.

I asked whether there would be any change in the amount that I pay on Friday so that I could make sure I get the certified cheque in the correct amount. The said the amount on my online account should be correct.

I have never received a call or text from Tesla. I phoned the toll-free number on Monday. They changed my delivery time for June 14 from 3:30 p.m. to noon. I asked whether I would hear from someone at Tesla before then. They said it was unlikely. I should just show up then.

I asked whether there would be any change in the amount that I pay on Friday so that I could make sure I get the certified cheque in the correct amount. The said the amount on my online account should be correct.

I was told the same by my OA yesterday, but they ended up calling me today to confirm the appointment.
Hopefully you should receive a call from Vegas on June 13th.

My due amount showed weird numbers until last night. That left me no time to deal with the bank draft as I'm using an online bank (Simplii needs at least two days to give you the bank draft for rush service). OA gave me an exception to use the personal cheque after I discussed with him. Now website shows the correct amount of money due on delivery (an exact down payment number that I told my OA before), however, the mthly payment numbers still showed a wrong number. The correct mthly number was in the email (received today) attachment (Credit Agreement with ScotiaBank). I guess you'll still be paying what you told your OA when ordering, not a random number with decimals.

As promised a brief description of my pickup experience the past Sunday (June 9 at 10AM).

Doors opened at 10am sharp and there were 4 other couples along with me waiting to pickup their Teslas. Just prior to opening, I saw them driving in the Teslas from the East 2nd/Emily Carr Lot. I saw my wife's car drive by as it was the only one with the 19" rims. Beauty.

Experience was pretty quick and staff at Tesla were very helpful and nice. There was a mixup with my financing papers as it was corporate but it was quickly resolved. Finished all paperwork in 30 minutes. Inspected car with my friends and for the most part, it was fine...

I do feel that the ICBC insurance that was offered to me was WAY overpriced... I questioned them on it and they said it was typical cost and Tesla was more expensive to insure.. was quoted $3500 for the wife as she did not have 10 years of driving experience.. I didn't quite buy the insurance reps story but was too lazy and wanting to get out of there so I just accepted the monthly payment plan and will get a better price through private insurance.. I would come prepared with quotes and numbers that you feel comfortable with for insurance.

I did notice less than ideal detailing and cleaning but nothing a quick clean myself couldn't fix. There was a gap in the passenger door trim but it was a 1cm gap and my buddy who is an auto repair expert said it was within standard deviation and I wasn't too bothered by it.

Was given a very rushed walk-through and setup and I understand as the employees were expecting to move 80-100 teslas that day and I was reasonably knowledgeable and tech savvy so no biggie.

Drove it back to my garage and surprised the wife.. she loves her car and won't let me drive it haha. It's definitely worth the wait and worth the cost. Tesla builds sweet cars as the torque even on the base SR+ beats most comparably priced cars.

Normally, this would be where I say bye but I just bought another one for my mom (midnight silver, SR+, 18" no FSD).. So will be around for a bit more!

• Informative
Reactions: phtp and TomLee
As promised a brief description of my pickup experience the past Sunday (June 9 at 10AM).

Doors opened at 10am sharp and there were 4 other couples along with me waiting to pickup their Teslas. Just prior to opening, I saw them driving in the Teslas from the East 2nd/Emily Carr Lot. I saw my wife's car drive by as it was the only one with the 19" rims. Beauty.

Experience was pretty quick and staff at Tesla were very helpful and nice. There was a mixup with my financing papers as it was corporate but it was quickly resolved. Finished all paperwork in 30 minutes. Inspected car with my friends and for the most part, it was fine...

I do feel that the ICBC insurance that was offered to me was WAY overpriced... I questioned them on it and they said it was typical cost and Tesla was more expensive to insure.. was quoted $3500 for the wife as she did not have 10 years of driving experience.. I didn't quite buy the insurance reps story but was too lazy and wanting to get out of there so I just accepted the monthly payment plan and will get a better price through private insurance.. I would come prepared with quotes and numbers that you feel comfortable with for insurance.

I did notice less than ideal detailing and cleaning but nothing a quick clean myself couldn't fix. There was a gap in the passenger door trim but it was a 1cm gap and my buddy who is an auto repair expert said it was within standard deviation and I wasn't too bothered by it.

Was given a very rushed walk-through and setup and I understand as the employees were expecting to move 80-100 teslas that day and I was reasonably knowledgeable and tech savvy so no biggie.

Drove it back to my garage and surprised the wife.. she loves her car and won't let me drive it haha. It's definitely worth the wait and worth the cost. Tesla builds sweet cars as the torque even on the base SR+ beats most comparably priced cars.

Normally, this would be where I say bye but I just bought another one for my mom (midnight silver, SR+, 18" no FSD).. So will be around for a bit more!

Wow, $3500/yr is very expensive! Did you still end up doing a full year? I'm seriously consider to get something done in BCAA beforehand, or maybe just buy one day optional from ICBC and do the rest at BCAA. With $860 optional from BCAA and $1200 basic from ICBC, I'm looking at $1500 of savings!

Last edited:
Wow, $3500/yr is very expensive! Did you still end up doing a full year? I'm seriously consider to get something done in BCAA beforehand, or maybe just buy one day optional from ICBC and do the rest at BCAA. With $860 optional from BCAA and $1200 basic from ICBC, I'm looking at $1500 of savings!
I did full year but monthly so when wife goes and gets private insurance, she will just ask for pro-rated return/cancellation of policy. Just wanted to get out the door.

BCAA told me to get full coverage and then go to BCAA same day or next day to refund and get BCAA coverage. She said I won’t lose money or pay extra.

BCAA told me to get full coverage and then go to BCAA same day or next day to refund and get BCAA coverage. She said I won’t lose money or pay extra.

The agent I just spoke with have no idea if extra will be paid using this method. I seriously doubt you won’t lose any. I end up doing what another guy suggested: print off a copy of quote. Bring it with me and call BCAA on site after signing the basic with ICBC.

Reactions: samk579
Penultimate post before, if all goes well, the money shot tomorrow evening (or the next day if it's dark).

Just got a call from 236 (apparently, a Vancouver area code--who knew? Area codes 778, 236, and 672 - Wikipedia) to confirm my delivery tomorrow, with a follow-up email containing pick-up and purchase price details.

Just wanted to pass this info along for those stressing that they haven't heard anything. This was the first time anyone has reached out to me from Tesla since I ordered, and it's <24 hours to go before appointment. All just FYI.

Penultimate post before, if all goes well, the money shot tomorrow evening (or the next day if it's dark).

Just got a call from 236 (apparently, a Vancouver area code--who knew? Area codes 778, 236, and 672 - Wikipedia) to confirm my delivery tomorrow, with a follow-up email containing pick-up and purchase price details.

Just wanted to pass this info along for those stressing that they haven't heard anything. This was the first time anyone has reached out to me from Tesla since I ordered, and it's <24 hours to go before appointment. All just FYI.
That's ridiculous. So they expect us to get a bank draft 24 hours beforehand?

Also can you guys confirm that they messed up on my MVPA? They didn't seem to deduct my credits section from the total?

https://i.gyazo.com/8430df1acbf936b5555ea436aabfb5c6.png

This might be a little off topic but I’ll ask here anyways, I just ordered a model 3 and wanted 2 things. 1) Not remove the factory plastic on the outside and not have anyone wash the car( to avoid swirls and micro scratches as the car is black). 2) Have the dealer not drill holes into the bumper for the front license plate as I plan to put on a different type of bracket that doesn’t require holes. Who can I reach out to? My delivery is scheduled at the Powell street location.

Maybe even less than 24 hours, since I tried to clarify the amount of the bank draft needed (I think there's a typo--too little) right after I received the email and have heard nothing back yet.

Frankly, I can't make heads or tails out of their form of purchase agreement--since it doesn't clearly indicate how the rebates are being applied (you have to independently know they come off the total purchase price + tax before trade-in)--but, for your peace of mind, your car was exactly $2k more than mine (sports wheels?), and your trade-in less. So, you paid $2k more for the car, and ~$5k more in taxes (which makes sense, because you got a bigger bump into the luxury tax bracket and I only paid tax (13%) on the net difference between the purchase price and my trade-in value). Your total credits is ~$7k more than mine, so that looks right. But, again, it's hard to reconcile the numbers.

Edited to add: I looked more closely at the email I received tonight and it sets out more clearly than the MVPA is. In the email, they show me as having made a $13,200 "downpayment", which is a better way to characterize it than in the MVPA (although weird to show "$0 due at signing" vs. "payment due", but it's better than how "downpayment" is used in the MVPA as referring to the amount owing! Anyway, in the email, downpayment shows as follows:

• $13,200 total downpayment - $3200 deposit - $5000 CEV rebate - $5000 iZEV rebate = $0 due at signing​

Last edited:
This might be a little off topic but I’ll ask here anyways, I just ordered a model 3 and wanted 2 things. 1) Not remove the factory plastic on the outside and not have anyone wash the car( to avoid swirls and micro scratches as the car is black). 2) Have the dealer not drill holes into the bumper for the front license plate as I plan to put on a different type of bracket that doesn’t require holes. Who can I reach out to? My delivery is scheduled at the Powell street location.

1) I don’t think they will do this special treatment for you since they deliver 100/day. But you can always call Tesla and try your luck.
2) you can ask this when you call, but I remember someone said they “tape” your front license plate on which don’t need to drill a hole. But consider they will only have your plate after you take delivery, you might be able to save this question to the last.

Similar to @9-Volt, I received an email confirming my appointment in the evening. The email also contained a MVPA (which was updated to my Tesla account earlier today).

Attaching my email so that others who are waiting can get a better understanding of what they should be expecting 1 day before the delivery.

IMG_5055.PNG
IMG_5056.PNG