Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vehicle delamination after accident. What is considerered delamination?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a squeak and rattle at the rear hinge area and it is now called delamination . Delamination is a manufactuing defect from a contaminant or process flaw like insufficient heat. I was told the accident cannot cause delamination although it happened at the same time. Anything I can do or any suggestions on how to move forward would be greatly appreciated.

You need to supply more information: What rear hinge area? Is it by a door hinge, the trunk hinge???
According to the dictionary, delimitation means, "Delamination is a separation along a plane parallel to a surface, as in the separation of a coating from a substrate or the layers of a coating from each other or, in the case of a concrete slab, a horizontal splitting, cracking, or separation near the upper surface." So it's not necessarily cause by heat. But is your delimitation a problem with the paint or something else?

I have a squeak and rattle at the rear hinge area and it is now called delamination . Delamination is a manufactuing defect from a contaminant or process flaw like insufficient heat. I was told the accident cannot cause delamination although it happened at the same time. Anything I can do or any suggestions on how to move forward would be greatly appreciated.

(moderator note)

You answered your own thread question. The thread question asks "what is delamination" then you provided a definition. You are going to need to re post this thread with more information / different information, because you asked and answered your own question then asked "how to move forward". There is nothing for anyone to suggest to you without WAAYYYY more information.

Please re post with more / different information, if you are looking for feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.