Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vehicle may not restart Message

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was excited about my 3 day old Model Y with 489 miles. However, now I’m getting this dreaded message. I hope this isn’t a bad sign on my first trip to purchase an EV. I’ve always had good luck with all my brand new ICE vehicles.

I’ve researched the message and I get all kinds of problems that it could be.

BMS_a036

Last edited:
I was excited about my 3 day old Model Y with 489 miles. However, now I’m getting this dreaded message. I hope this isn’t a bad sign on my first trip to purchase an EV. I’ve always had good luck with all my brand new ICE vehicles.

BMS_a036
It's most likely just a bad low voltage battery. Put in a service request right away. They may be able to diagnose remotely.

@tewest86 Could be as simple as tightening a loose battery cable on the low voltage battery. It's happened before on new vehicles.
Well, the SC texted back and told me to bring the car in immediately ahead of my schedule appointment date. This sucks because I need something to drive to work and take care of other business. Didn't think I would be out of a vehicle after purchasing a brand new vehicle 5 days ago.

Reactions: 240vPlug

BMS_a036
Good luck, my 2021 MYP received error BMS_a079:
PXL_20230314_181916389.jpg

I took it to the SC and was told they have to replace my main battery unit. I dropped it off on the 15th and I am waiting for the repairs to be completed. Thankfully they had a loaner for me. Car has a little over 19k miles.

Got the same BMS_a036 3 weeks after the delivery with 400mls on the odo.

Scheduled the service visit, they took the car, gave me the loaner and 4 weeks did exactly nothing to it. At the end of 4th week returned the car with the message -- "didn't find anything" 5 days later the error came back.

For the last week the error showed 2 times already. I'm really disappointed with Telsa dealer in Tampa, FL. and don't know what to do next...

Scheduled the service visit, they took the car, gave me the loaner and 4 weeks did exactly nothing to it. At the end of 4th week returned the car with the message -- "didn't find anything" 5 days later the error came back.

For the last week the error showed 2 times already. I'm really disappointed with Telsa dealer in Tampa, FL. and don't know what to do next...
Sporadic errors hard ro troubshoot. I am waiting for an error that sticks, so tesla can see it. You can buy a cheap 12v monitor and see how the battery is doing.
For now I am waiting and not bringing it to the dealership unless error become permanent or easy to reproduce. Seems like not a critical issue now.

Did you ever get it fixed? I just took delivery of mine, and 5 miles into my drive home that same error came up 3x. The next day omw to the service center, no error. I hope they can fix it. My car only has 17 miles. Sigh.

Did you ever get it fixed? I just took delivery of mine, and 5 miles into my drive home that same error came up 3x. The next day omw to the service center, no error. I hope they can fix it. My car only has 17 miles. Sigh.
My error came and went after having only 500 miles on the car. They consider this a critical code so take it in asap. My SC moved stuff around and told me to bring it ASAP.