Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vehicle not going to sleep after 2020.32.3 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is the exact opposite. I am having major problems waking the car back up. Very strange!

Mine did the same thing. I would get in the car and it seemed like it took minutes for the screen to wake up. Before the 2020.32 update, the screen would light up by the time I got in the car and got the seatbelt on. The slow wake-up seems to have disappeared with the 2020.36 update.

This has never not been solved from what I've seen. So a few things to try:
  • Make sure Sentry Mode isn't currently running
  • Make sure Summon Standby is disabled (if you have the Summon feature)
  • Make sure your doors are actually closed
  • If it's out in the sun and it's very hot, it's probably Cabin Overheat Protection (which you can also disable)
  • Don't monitor the car with the app - opening the app routinely will wake the car
If none of that is working, I'd try the following more brute force approaches:
  • Disable WiFi (prevent stuck/slow software updates)
  • Disable Data Sharing (prevent uploads, which can take a very long time on slow connections)
And if that's still not helping:
  • Reset your Tesla account password (something with access to your car is keeping it awake, resetting password should terminate any existing sessions)

Reactions: GRNN_Coco
I am observing this same issue.

My teslafi.com shows me my Idle has been stuck for loooong time "Days" - I just increase the time to try to make car sleep from 15 minutes up to 45 minutes to see if it finally goes to sleep.

You can check TeslaFi.com Tesla Model S 3 X Y Data Logger for live data and see if it ends up going to sleep. I am still trying to figure this out myself. It was working fine before the update

Reactions: GRNN_Coco
I live in an apartment and I typically go somewhere to steal WiFi so it might be two weeks before I ever get my software update (by which time another update is probably available.)

So, is my car never going to sleep?

Turning WiFi off all the time doesn’t seem to be an option available.

No, sorry. What I mean is that if it is actively uploading or downloading (so has a current WiFi connection), and that connection is slow, it may be awake for longer than normal since the upload or download takes a while.

If you simply aren't connected to WiFi, that should be ideal from a standby usage perspective (to my understanding).

I am observing this same issue.

My teslafi.com shows me my Idle has been stuck for loooong time "Days" - I just increase the time to try to make car sleep from 15 minutes up to 45 minutes to see if it finally goes to sleep.

You can check TeslaFi.com Tesla Model S 3 X Y Data Logger for live data and see if it ends up going to sleep. I am still trying to figure this out myself. It was working fine before the update

TeslaFi, especially if you use any other service with it (Stats, TeslaMate, etc.) can end up keeping your car awake despite its efforts to let it sleep. It's not perfect and will always be worse than not using such a service.