Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vehicle Placement on Screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just curious if anyone else had this same issue.

Fairly often the vehicles on the left side of my screen are not placed correctly. For example, it is fairly common for it to show a car/truck in my blind spot in the next lane on the interstate when the car/truck is actually another lane over. Sometimes it even shows cars running into me when they are smack dab in the middle of their lane. It doesn't change the way autopilot operates, so it's just a matter of the screen being inaccurate sometimes. Anyone else experience this?

Fairly often the vehicles on the left side of my screen are not placed correctly. For example, it is fairly common for it to show a car/truck in my blind spot in the next lane on the interstate when the car/truck is actually another lane over. Sometimes it even shows cars running into me when they are smack dab in the middle of their lane. It doesn't change the way autopilot operates, so it's just a matter of the screen being inaccurate sometimes. Anyone else experience this?
Makes me freak out all the time. I have the same "issue". Since we have no blind spot indicator, i use the screen to show me as if there is a car in my blind spot only for it to show me a car another lane over which causes me to swerve around trying to not hit a car that isn't there.

This will be fixed soon with V11 and full vision system.

I think OP is talking about when vehicles just fly around and drift or crash in to you on the screen.

Occasionally I have to laugh when a vehicle is on the screen then disappears for a few seconds, even though the actual vehicle hasn't moved. This is usually at/near a major intersection where cars are moving all around in every direction. We have to stay vigilant so we don't hit something! ;)