Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing lanes - Info overload. Camera, mirror, graphics....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my 2024 MSP for 3 weeks. When changing lanes I still feel very uncomfortable. I'll look at my mirrors, over my shoulder, camera, and then graphics on my dash. I still haven't found a comfortable system to change lanes. What are you guys looking at when you change lanes? Does the camera show my blind spot? Does the graphics always show a car in my blind spot? Does the screen always show red when a car is in my blind spot?

You actually look when changing lanes? I just go for it and let the car nudge me back is something is in my way! 🤪

In all seriousness, I will check my rear view to see if anybody is coming up, then check the camera. The mirror is used if I want to be extra sure after that.

I check the side mirror, then turn on the signal when I think it's clear, then check the camera to see if I missed anyone. Occasionally there will be a car in a blind spot two lanes over trying to change into the same spot I'm going for and the camera will catch it.

Reactions: Septocaine
I'll try your method today. Keep it simple. Rear view mirror and then camera. 2 decades of having a warning light on my side view mirror has hard wired in my brain!
It does take some getting used to. Did you figure out that the sideview camera image can be moved to upper-left on display, by dragging with your finger when active? I've found that position makes it easier to look at quickly, and I use it most of the time. It definitely has better coverage of blind spot if you can get accustomed to looking there. The new red highlight when car is next to you is also cool.

Rear view mirror, side view mirror, camera, then change lanes.

Wish the camera display was at the top
Of the screen and the screen was higher so you don’t have to look down at the floorboard and completely lose awareness of what’s going on in front of you. Poor design.

I don’t use dash cluster.

Oh, sorry what year Model S do you have? I’m talking about the turn signal side camera display, not the rear / reverse camera.
2023. When I have the 3 cameras displayed all the time I can’t figure out how to get the blind spot cameras to be at the top.

If I don’t show the cameras and use the turn signal when changing lanes then the blind spot camera feed is displayed at the top of the screen.