Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vehicle ramp discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, by the looks of things they should be around 800/week right now minimum. Need two drone flights in a day to have higher confidence though because right now all you can really do is count totals in different areas. That doesn't give you info on if it is the same car as the previous day.

There were over 100 in the outbound shipping lot yesterday, 50 charging, and over 200 in other staging locations prior to being ready to ship. Previously the weekends were being used to clear out production-hold units and not for production, so weekend numbers have limited value beyond seeing the numbers draw down.

Yeah, by the looks of things they should be around 800/week right now minimum.
We will get a good idea this week as the lot was more or less cleared out over the weekend...

I assume logistics can clear the remaining shippable Cybertrucks on Monday.

So any inventory that builds up this week was built this week and is in excess of the rate at which Cybertrucks can be shipped out, or Supercharged..

Supercharging might be a bottleneck with 64 superchargers and say 1 hour for charging they can charge 64 per hour... easily 500 per day... so that doesn't seem likely...

Perhaps the bottleneck is transport capacity, or end of line calibration and testing?

Since we don't know what the bottleneck is, we don't know how many Cybertrucks are being shipped out each day....
However looking at Cybertrucks on transports it seems like at least 100 and perhaps up to 200 are shipped out some days.

So I think 800 per week is a good guess and we may soon hit 1,000 per week.

Reactions: UkNorthampton
We will get a good idea this week as the lot was more or less cleared out over the weekend...

I assume logistics can clear the remaining shippable Cybertrucks on Monday.

So any inventory that builds up this week was built this week and is in excess of the rate at which Cybertrucks can be shipped out, or Supercharged..
Outbound logistics seem highly variable, at least compared to Berlin. I assume part of that is due to the fact that some are sent to the railhead and are relatively quick turns.

Joe's Monday video showed about 80-100 CTs remaining on site. What is needed though is a time lapse shot of the west logistics to better understand how the CT works its way through. It seems like Tesla is preparing for a significant production jump based on the dominance of CT Gigacasts being produced.

Reactions: MC3OZ
Well, the new EOL has three lines, so it might have enough flexibility once fully operational.

Joe thought ~800 CT's a week at this point. My current guess is a little higher; it seems like there are an additional 100-120 CTs on site compared to yesterday, and some (>50) have been shipped out. I think Tesla is likely around 1,000/week, although it might be inconsistent throughout the week.

Looking a the latest videos Model Y production may have been shutdown on Friday, while Cybertruck production kept going... Some staff may have had Friday. off and that may have been optional.

Model Y inventory is clearing out fast, while the volume of Cybertrucks on site Saturday Morning seems not much less than was one site Friday morning..

Cybertruck end of line might be a bottleneck and it may keep running over the weekend at least for al of Saturday...

I'm getting increasingly confident that all 3 bays in the new end of line building with be for Cybertruck..

My guess is that most of the inventory onsite will be shipped offsite by the end of quarter... We can see how fast inventory piles up, but the key is understanding the rate determining step...

Reactions: Patrick66
Very interesting development at Austin:-

Model Y s are no longer testing and charging over on the east side, they seem to be testing an charging over at the new west side End-of-Line.

I am not sure what that indicates in relation to production volumes, and it may be temporary.

The video is by Bran Sloan you can find it directly on YouTube.