Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vent option- passenger window

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My passenger window is not closing after turning “vent” option off. After this happened before i tried opening and closing window thinking it would “reset”. It rained overnight and passenger area is soaked!
Mobile tech was here for driver lower ext trim replacement- told him about passenger window closing then reopening upon closing vent. He put it through window calibration reset. Last night same issue. Tesla wants to book another mobile appt next week now. Im thinking this needs SC attention. Im annoyed. Thoughts?

Mobile tech was here for driver lower ext trim replacement- told him about passenger window closing then reopening upon closing vent. He put it through window calibration reset. Last night same issue. Tesla wants to book another mobile appt next week now. Im thinking this needs SC attention. Im annoyed. Thoughts?
Since it is unlikely the will need to be lifted, I'd go with the mobile appointment. The mobile techs are more experienced and easy to talk to. But if you really want the Service Center Experience, go for it. This is probably an oddball software issue.

So now they are changing my mobile appt to sc appt with intention to change window motor/regulator. Can someone give me thoughts? I really dont want them ripping apart my door because its a software issue. The window goes up and down fine outside of closing itself upon turning vent option off.

So now they are changing my mobile appt to sc appt with intention to change window motor/regulator. Can someone give me thoughts? I really dont want them ripping apart my door because its a software issue. The window goes up and down fine outside of closing itself upon turning vent option off.
Obviously, they no longer think it is just a software issue. I would suggest, letting them figure it out. No need to worry about them ripping your door apart. They been there and done it before, many times. Besides if they break a clip or something, they have the parts to fix it.

I've had the same issue a few times but it will fully close after 3-5 repeated tries reclosing it. However, I'm getting an annoying air leak only on the passenger side after using vent mode. Something is not quite right but I haven't yet contacted Tesla about it.

Its just it sometimes will not close after closing vent option. I guess i could abandon using vent feature but closing vent and then finding out passenger was open during rain makes me angry. Btw is there any truth that window close automatically during rain? No idea what status is on that

Hi so had my appt this morning on vent closing issue with passenger front window. So it turns out the window was being obstructed in vent close mode which caused it to bounce and remain open about 6 inches. The sc rep showed me pictures of some type of adhesive in the window.. He said it caused the window to pinch when closing sending it bsck down. He said could be from window tint co etc but i said they dont use and adhesive or glue and no reason for it to be on edge of window. I asked why during normal window operation it was not a problem. He said because the momentun on closing is strong when closing window from a wider opening position. It pushes harder and does not bounce. So not sure where this adhesive came from although i was there before to have both interior vertical weather stripping reattached or replaced on front doors…i hope this helps anyone that it was not a software or window motor issue. Car was performing as designed. My experience was sc was top notch. Two mobile and two sc visits so far. All weather strip, trim related. Had them fix another exterior trim piece that was popping off rear wheel well.

Well back to same issue above. So much for the adhesive story that sc says caused issue. I observed it tonight and it never even gets near the horizontal weather stripping. Upon closing vent it starts up and then reverses and stops lower than open vent position. I have now had three mobile visits and two sc visits since i took delivery nov 2022. Previous were weather stripping and plastic trim pieces issues as many others experienced. Not happy if this is indeed a software issue.

So the saga continues- service ie mobile then went ahead and changed window reg etc- then i experienced all four windows opening and staying open after i used app to open door and entering driver seat and closed door. So i had to manually close all four windows. So back to sc center again after i recorded all incidents. So they check car out and come to me and say are you using and third party apps? I said ah no. Are you sure? Yes 100% So they tell me tech is seeing non tesla communication etc. Ask me to change my password on app etc. I say how can this be the problem ie being hacked if i only have issues with windows when i initiate something from my tesla app. Its not like i walk outside and windows or trunk are mysteriously open. Anybody weigh in on this? First my passenger window staying open on closing vent was blamed on adhesive on edge of window causing pinch- then it was i need a new window regulator- now my car is being hacked by someone with another non tesla app????

So the saga continues- service ie mobile then went ahead and changed window reg etc- then i experienced all four windows opening and staying open after i used app to open door and entering driver seat and closed door. So i had to manually close all four windows. So back to sc center again after i recorded all incidents. So they check car out and come to me and say are you using and third party apps? I said ah no. Are you sure? Yes 100% So they tell me tech is seeing non tesla communication etc. Ask me to change my password on app etc. I say how can this be the problem ie being hacked if i only have issues with windows when i initiate something from my tesla app. Its not like i walk outside and windows or trunk are mysteriously open. Anybody weigh in on this? First my passenger window staying open on closing vent was blamed on adhesive on edge of window causing pinch- then it was i need a new window regulator- now my car is being hacked by someone with another non tesla app????
Windows venting on their own now. Tired of this- going to press management now