Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vent Visor install question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm about to install these Vent Visors on my Model 3, but have a question. Mine has the vinyl wrap/chrome delete on the window moulding, so should I remove that vinyl where the adhesive will attach? Will they be more susceptible to coming loose (or off) if I attach it to the vinyl wrap? I know the vinyl has adhesive also, so I'm not sure if it's worth removing it or not. Thoughts? Anyone else have this dilemma?

1647209091612.png

Reactions: Skavatar
did you get them? how are they holding up?

i'm debating on getting some, i've had vent visors on all my previous vehicles. my very first set were in the mid 90's on my 1990 Honda Accord, they were the GTS brand with the 2 side foam tape. After a few years on one of the rear visors, the foam tape started separating. After that I've only used the WeatherTech ones that slide into the window channel.

ty

did you get them? how are they holding up?

i'm debating on getting some, i've had vent visors on all my previous vehicles. my very first set were in the mid 90's on my 1990 Honda Accord, they were the GTS brand with the 2 side foam tape. After a few years on one of the rear visors, the foam tape started separating. After that I've only used the WeatherTech ones that slide into the window channel.

ty
I did - and they've held up 'okay'....the tape didn't quite hold on one of them near the rear quarter window, so i had to apply some new 3M tape. No issues since then, so I'd still recommend them to anyone who's interested. Love the look!

Reactions: Skavatar